Surefire L2 Availability / Price

geek

Newly Enlightened
I think I've just about decided that the upcoming Surefire L2 will be the best light for me. I've searched CPF to read all that I can about it. I've not been able to determine A) when it will be available or B) how much it will cost. Can anyone inform me? Thanks!

K-T

*Moderator*
The L2 has just been introduced to "the crowd" and I doubt it will be available right away and Surefire hasn't given a release date if I remember right. As to what it will cost, don't know.

Klaus.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
If a 5W two-stage dimmer light is in order, I keep wondering if the upcoming McGizmo two-stage Z57 switch using an L5/E2C adapter/E2e body is the way to go instead.

geek

Newly Enlightened
I'm wanting something about the same size as a MiniMag, with variable brightness LED. Since Arc has delayed the 2 cell body for the 4+ (and I don't like the switch), the L2 seemed like the next best thing. If anyone has any alternative suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.

Prolepsis

Enlightened
Carl mentioned McGizmo. Don (McGizmo) does make L1s with a PR-T 917 Luxeon III--custom mod with a low and high output setting. They would be shorter than a MiniMag, to boot. They may be hard to get, though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif I managed to score one though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

More info here.