Arc AAA- Fill me in on the latest (please?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediKnife

Newly Enlightened
OK, I posted a similar question in the LED forum, never realizing that there was a dedicated Arc forum. I've been wanting to get an Arc AAA for a good while now- what I'd like to know is: Are there any inherent problems I need to know about/look for in these lights? Why the waiting period, i.e. are we waiting for a complete new batch of these, and if so, will there still be a difference in regular Arc AAA and the "premium" ones? Will the new batch offer any improvements or upgrades? And finally, will there be a CPF edition available for pre-order anytime this year, and what was the last CPF edition like?
Thanks for any help!

JK

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
The wait is apparently due to problems with the circuit boards. I was told to keep my defective one for a couple of weeks if I wanted to, instead of sending it back immediately, as it would take some time to get new ones in stock.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
The CPF edition is simply an ARC AAA premium in a custom color and engraved, "200x CPF EDITION." It was blue in 2002 and red in 2003.

The special editions are the only premiums that I buy anymore. I think that the standards have improved so much that I don't think there's enough difference between standard and premium to justify the price difference.

The problem seems to be with one of the components that was changed by a supplier that ARC didn't even know about. We don't know yet, what, if any changes are being made (part being corrected or design being revamped). I'm sure that as soon as the fix is done, in ARC style, we'll be notified and given the scoop.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know when the AAA will be in stock? I ordered one on Feb 20, and am anxious to get it. Not pushing, Peter, just curious.

JediKnife

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
The CPF edition is simply an ARC AAA premium in a custom color and engraved, "200x CPF EDITION." It was blue in 2002 and red in 2003.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks kitelights- I believe I saw a picture of a red one. I hope another CPF edition is offered for preorder soon, I'm in! Are the special colors hard anodized, or Maglite anodized?

JK

Status
Not open for further replies.