M3 and Pila Batteries???

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
I'm thinking about getting 2 sets of pila 150s and a charger to use with my M3 and was wondering if anyone uses the 150s with their M3. How do the pila 150s compare to the sf 123s? Thanks

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a couple of reviews on Pilas in an M3. The thing to remember is to be sure and get a spring for this. On the M3, if fits outside the spring that is already there.

MrBulk did a review of an 9 volt Surefire with Pilas in it. He actually go more Brightness in this light with Pilas than with 123s.

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Jon, do you take paypal for the batteries and charger and if so could you ship them to my work intsead of my home?

Thanks

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, my site is set up to paypal. The online order form lets you make a seperate destination. Shippment to your work is no problem.

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Thanks Jon,

I just placed my order for 4-150S and the charger. Just one question...does the added spring come with the order?

Thanks again.

Bill

Aaron

Newly Enlightened
5.0, have you received your batteries yet? Would you let us know how well this combination works compared to using regular SF123 batteries?

Karpaasi

Newly Enlightened
I did not receive springs when I ordered 2 168s batteries. I found that you don´t need pila springs to make your flashlight work. Small piece of thick copper wire wrapped around original spring and it works. Can´t comment about m3 but m3t and pila batteries is a great combo.

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
I haven't received my order yet even though USPS.com says it has been delivered... I'll give it a few more days until I start tracking it.

Thanks

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
5.0>
When did the delivery confirmation number say it arrived. I have had a couple of customers tell me that they got their shippment the day after the number said arrived.

On the springs, I provide them with 150s and lamps or on request. It has seemed that lights using 168s do not need to springs. I will however provide them on request.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're willing to ream out the inside of the M3, you will get better performance with the 150a Pilas due to their higher capacities. 150s will not run quite as well with the HOLA but with the 150a, you will get whiter light at a longer runtime. Highly recommend using the fat Pila's. You'll never go back to 123's.

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Jon, Here is what USPS says. This is also comming to my work and they said nothing has come in for me yet.

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
------------------------------------------------------------
DELIVERED GERMANTOWN MD 20874 03/12/04 5:07am

ELECTRONIC SHIPPING INDIANAPOLIS IN 46229 03/09/04 10:38pm
INFO RECEIVED

------------------------------------------------------------

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Well I went to my mail room at work (which is a govt agency) and they told me that any mail that comes in here my first go to DC to be raidated before it comes back to where I work. One question, will the radiation ruin the battery or the charger?

Thanks

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, I wouldn't think it would but I cannot tell you for sure. Never had te radiation question. I assume the radiation is to kill organic substances?

Floating Spots

Enlightened
It may.
I seem to remember the thought from some that the band/power being used was enough to cook silicon.
I think the talk was about compact flash cards.
So, the battery would be fine, but the protection circuitry might take a hit.

I'll see if I can dig any proof up.
At this point, its all based off my bad memory...

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Well after writing this yesterday, I received a call from my mail room and they said they had my package. Once I opened it I started charging 2 of my batteries and noticed that the lights blinked from red to green and then finally stayed green. I put the batteries in the M3 and noticed that the tailcap was pretty tight because of the lenght of the pilas. I had to put one of the springs in the lamp assy and then the light worked. It seems just as bright to me as when using SF123. Now I can really use my M3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks Jon.

llvo

Enlightened
Yeah, count me in!
I'm running a P91 with Pila 150s in my D3

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif