Acebeam        
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Official CPF Hot Sauce Thread!

Default Re: The Official CPF Hot Sauce Thread!

I used to dehydray ghost peppers then place them in vinagar
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Flashaholic*

Default The Official CPF Hot Sauce Thread!

I put a drop of the ghost pepper sauce in a can of armor chili. Can barely taste the heat off of it. Ultimate Insanity burns with just a drop. Has the regular ol ghost pepper taste some people love and some people hate. I think it tastes kind of rubbery for some reason. Not a bad sauce for the ghost pepper lover. Not as hot as I would have liked but not bad. Iím going to pour some on my platter and soak it up with my tortilla.

Update: I poured a blob on my plate and used my tortilla to dip in it. The sauce has some heat but to say Iím disappointed is an understatement. To me this sauce isnít even as hot as The original Daveís insanity.

Taste is a B- maybe even a C.

I think I paid around 15 dollars for this with Tennessee tax. I do not recommend unless you can catch it on sale.
    Last edited by Bigburly912; 05-26-2019 at 07:24 PM.
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

dave's scorp sauce isn't bad at all; i think i like the flavor a lil' bit more than tabasco's brand. i still think the heat's about same, but i'm using way more globby drops of dave's so that alone is bringing up heat level. it'll take me couple weeks to get through bottle, but already plan on purchasing the ultimate version next round as nothing's rattled me so far. if ultimate works out, i'll probably call it good; i refuse to try any off brand, or 3rd world stuff as i'm convinced it'll just make me sick and was developed for illegitimate reasons in first place...

Flashaholic*

If you want to be rattled mad dog 357 plutonium haha. Itíll rattle anybody

Hot sauce unboxing: Youtuber Zeos Pantera is known for his audio hardware reviews, but his head-mounted GoPro recording technique lends itself to reviewing anything, including a whole bag of hot sauces he picked up at a barbecue place. Some NSFW audio to go with the NSFW heat:

couple of drops on a slice of monterey jack, and being more or less desensitized to scorp sauce after few weeks - concede this stuff definitely has some kick. my issue is that it appears heat may be at the expense of flavor. anyway, need a week or two to build up decent tolerance and will reevaluate taste aspect; it's a lil' too hot & early to issue verdict... if you like 'hot', it ain't gonna k.o. you, but they definitely had agenda; it's literally the color of pepper spray, lmao(?)

Flashaholic*

It uses pure capsaicin haha. It basically is pepper spray. Definitely not the best tasting super hot sauce but at least itís not the cigarette ash taste of some.

Quote Originally Posted by nosuchagency View Post
    if you like 'hot', it ain't gonna k.o. you, but they definitely had agenda
    But it's hotter than Scorpion, no?

Flashaholic*

If ghost is supposed to be hotter than scorpion then it should be exponentially hotter than the scorpion. Everything effects everyone differently but I can drink the ghost pepper sauce.

yes, certainly hotter than dave & tabasco brand scorp sauces. that stated, those both have actual flavor, imo; daves just a bit more. i skipped ghost versions based upon couple previously expressed opinions; doesn't read like i'm missing out on anything spectacular with regard flavor, or lack there of. i'm hoping there's more to ultimate than first impression, but its initial sting is difficult to get past. i also don't think it will do very well in application along with my jersey mikes. i suspect aforementioned chili would work really well, but i don't eat stuff like that much anymore. my guess is it may perform better in cooking.

Flashaholic*

Look for cajohns reaper sauce if you want heat and good flavor. Itís delicious to me. Not insanely hot but enough to give you a kick.

Flashaholic*

Default The Official CPF Hot Sauce Thread!

I think I have mentioned the Fat Cat line of sauces a few times in here.... anyway, used this one today in a gril bag with chicken tender cutlets and it was absolutely delicious. If you've not tried these sauces and you want more flavor than kick go out and get it!!

Last edited by Bigburly912; 06-07-2019 at 03:20 PM.

made it through approximately 75% of a deli egg salad sandwich with 1 drop of ultimate per bite, but had to back off toward end. i can still feel it eating away at my stomach, lol.

Flashaholic*

made it through approximately 75% of a deli egg salad sandwich with 1 drop of ultimate per bite, but had to back off toward end. i can still feel it eating away at my stomach, lol.
    Itís not a sauce to be taken lightly. Thatís for sure! Good luck with your later endeavors haha

yeah, thought crossed my mind that i was meddling with forces i may not completely understand, hence backing off. i actually stopped when stupid thoughts began occurring like if i finish this entire sandwich i achieve another feather in my cap... fortunately, left side of brain kicked in & shouted not to be a dumbazz.

is that cajohns made in north carolina? i might try an off brand if it's made in u.s.

Flashaholic*

Yep! Heís in Charlotte

You.
    Guys.
    Are.
    Nuts!
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    You.
    Guys.
    Are.
    Nuts!
    There are some really good super hot peanuts as well haha.

Got these two, good stuff

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    TM36 Lite | Vish's ThruNite TN36UTVN | Olight S1-Cu Baton Raw Copper | Olight S1-Cu Baton Exclusive Raw SS Copper

a week or so in and i can drizzle about this much ultimate insanity per bite several times, but still haven't been able to get through whole 4" samich...

i can pretty much drink scorp sauce at this point, rofl...

i can pretty much drink scorp sauce at this point, rofl...
    You need to put yourself in an enclosed space and spray a bit of pepper spray in one corner of the room, see how well you hang in..

honestly, it's just not a very good standalone sauce. it also leaves a strong chili powderish after taste, which i'm definitely not a fan of. i think i'm sticking with his & tabasco scorp sauces.

Flashaholic*

Yep. Itís mainly just to give heat to something being cooked. The flavor isnít great at all. If you want flavor and heat the regular insanity is a lot better.

regular #9 on wheat.
    Tried this today - now I see that the vinegar oil roughly halves the potency of any hot sauce you use, I could do several drops per bite of Marie which you would definitely not want to try with pizza or chili. I didn't try Scorpion on it, but I can see how it'd work there..

heh, no bacon, no oil (by the time i'd get home it'd have leaked through bag on to floor mat). but yeah, there's alot going on in samich that softens the blow a bit. shtf and i'm wheelbarrowing contents of my safe down street to the corner jersey mikes and riding it out, rofl.

My fam loves spicy stuff so I grew up eating hot salsas and sauces. I like to experiment when Iím out to eat but I donít buy a lot of exotic sauces personally as Iím the only one in the house and it takes too long to consume bottles of odd stuff. So I use a lot of the standard grocery store options like Franks, sriracha, Cholula. One thing I always keep on hand for tex-mex foods like fajitas and nachos is actually the bottled Taco Bell brand Diablo sauce. Itís got decent heat but actually a pretty solid flavor profile for something marketed by a fast food restaurant!

My buddy got me this sauce from a local saucemaker in Milwaukee. This one is made from orange habanero and peach. Itís got some fruitiness but packs a punch. I actually like it on pizza. We gotta figure out if they are still in business, Iíd like to try some more from them.

Flashaholic*

I love fruits with habanero. Need to try that sauce. Blueberry habanero pickled eggs are delicious

Flashaholic*

Anybody have any new recommendations? Iím almost done with my last 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigburly912 View Post
    Anybody have any new recommendations? Iím almost done with my last 6.
    Trader Joe's Yuzu Kosho ?
    ... is the archimedes peak

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast