Surefire A2 Can't pull out battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

chainsolid

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,
I have a problem with my A2.
I'm using Battery CR123A Panasonic and want to change new Battery.
But I can remove Battery
Please help.

Thank you very much

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the same problem. Remove head in order to avoid damaging bulb.
By using gravity, slam the bottom of the body on a flat surface until battery drop down.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Wow I have never got any 123 primary stuck in my A2s. Plenty of wiggle room I did ALMOST get a 16650 stuck when I tried to see if it would fit. If none of the above tricks don't work break out your drill make a small hole in the battery and pull her out with a drywall screw. Not pretty but been there before with a Maglite

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not knowledgeable enough to know, but would drilling into a lithium cell possibly be hazardous?

Nephron44

Enlightened
I am not knowledgeable enough to know, but would drilling into a lithium cell possibly be hazardous?

Yes, yes it will. You should never puncture a battery.

Edit:
Never ever!

Could you possibly get away with it and have people probably done it before? Yes and yes.

Can you hurt yourself doing it? YES

I have seen people come through our ER with battery related injuries. Whoever is telling you to drill into a battery should also agree to pay your hospital bills if it goes bad...

Last edited:

Lumen83

Enlightened
I would suggest using a wooden dowel or something similar to push it out before slamming the body, drilling the batter (Seriously, don't do this), etc.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can't push it out from one end as the head is still attached, you could superglue a metal shaft or similar to the -ve end end try to pull it out when set.
P

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yes, yes it will. You should never puncture a battery.

Edit:
Never ever!

Could you possibly get away with it and have people probably done it before? Yes and yes.

Can you hurt yourself doing it? YES

I have seen people come through our ER with battery related injuries. Whoever is telling you to drill into a battery should also agree to pay your hospital bills if it goes bad...

Lol. Send me the bill.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Ok, I think the point has been made.

OP has a variety of options presented to him, and some are (quite a bit) safer than others.

I think we can close this one, but OP can PM to reopen, if necessary.

Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.