Low voltage P60 options?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I scratched my 2AA P60 itch with three malkoffs and three lights. Surefire C3-HA M31W, Malkoff MDC/VRE 2Aa hybrid with the M31/219 and of a second M31W in a Solarforce L2M host with extensions and battery spacer running 2xAA. The problem is that all of these lights are designed for maximum output off a 2AA host. Iis there any drop in which is readily available and offers a better balance of runtime and output? I'm thinking something that offers something like 10hrs runtime and/or 20-30lms out output? Ideally, it would function well of 2AA OR 1xCR123. I know the M31 series comes to mind but I only see the M31LLL available online right now and its not very economical for the performance it provides.

I'd actually be just as happy building my own module but I've found lower voltage p60 drivers (boost) to be very hard to come by.. Any suggestions for a driver with less than 3 volt input which would work?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty good! Still rather high output, though. 500ma at 1.5 Vf. Thats what, about 1000ma from the battery?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 5mm Yuji wired into a P60 won't be real bright. Perhaps 10 lumens. But you'll get dozens and dozens of hours runtime. :candle:

Oh that would be the perfect vampire! Now, does anybody have the 3200k yuji's around any more!?!

bougti

Newly Enlightened
I don't think these drop ins will work with a primary. At least not bright and not for long. I use a Solarforce 1-4.2v drop in in my 2xAa body and it gives a very bright light out. I guess this kind of low voltage ones will be better for single primary lights.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the Customlite low voltage dropin uses a Solarforce driver. Works great on 2AA or 1CR123. I have verified it works on 1AA and on li-ion (4.2v), but don't have any experience running it in either of those configurations.