Arc4+ vs. modded ArcLS Lux3 750mah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a modded ArcLS from TheFire using a Lux3 driven at 750mah using a FreanLP. I'll try to keep this question simple.

In terms of sheer brightness and light output. How do they compare? The Arc4+ at level one drives the LED at about 700mah (right?) and the mod i have is running at 750mah. Since the Arc4+ has a better optical path (reflector vs. FreanLP), what should i expect?

I'm just real antsy right now. I almost have enoegh money for one of these, but i have to wait a few more weeks. I'm going mad! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

stockwiz

Enlightened
This link should give you a general idea of what to expect. It was taken from another thread posted a month or two back.

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2ndpp/photos/ARC-LS-1.jpg

Generally speaking it should be slightly to noticably brighter then the Arc4 on level 1 in most cases (depending on the two lights compared) , and in my case this was true because I own one modded by thefire that uses a luxeon 3 and fraen running at 667 ma, and used to own an arc4+ factory second... yes I know it was a second, but the modded arc ls did beat it. Not to bash the Arc4, it's a great light, just stating my experience with the two.

Keep in mind both the Arc4x and the arc4+ are being tested in this chart .. don't mix the two up like I did already. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SDS

Newly Enlightened
LEDagent,

Your modded LS should be as bright or a even a little brighter than an ARC4+ both in hotspot and total output. The difference depends on the quality of the particular emitters used in each of the lights you are comparing.

My particular LS mod is brighter and has a higher output than either of my two ARC4+'s. The ARC4+ has a longer runtime and thermal sensing to protect the light from damage. The added utility of energy efficient user selectable light levels puts the ARC4+ in a class by itself.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.