questions about Surefire U2, L4 and beamshapers

light

Newly Enlightened
I am a totally new in the world of flashlights. I have a mag 2d, a princeton blast and some keychains LED. I plan to buy a new flashlight that has to be THE flashlight! first i thought the SF L1 would be the best. I think i need more lumens though. L4 seems to be just perfect besides it doesnt have any low-beam. The U2 seems to be the light I am looking for. I am afraid the beam is too tight though. i want a beam like the L4, a wide smooth spot and a lot of spill light. Does anyone know about the U2 beam? is it possible to put a L4 bezel on a u2 Body? how does the beamshapers work? which lumens are possible with the U2, 2 and 1oo i know. are all lumen-steps regulated?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF light!

The U2 is fully regulated at all levels. Six steps from 2 to 100 Lumens.
The beam at the highest setting is much like that of the L5 (KL5) from what I've seen.
The beam on low and the other settings is very useful for illuminating at closer and very close ranges.

I believe the FM64 BeamFilter should fit on the U2. I will check whether this is the case.

The "magic" of the U2 is in the bezel and not the body which is a tube for the batteries. It is not possible to attach the KL4 bezel onto the U2 body using any SureFire released collar that I am aware of.

The U2 has not been released yet. I guess this means people can save up for it!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif