Nitecore P30 went "wimp"

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back in August 2019 I 'had to have' the latest in compact power and projection from Nitecore so I got that P30 with its 3500mah Nitecore 18650 cell.
It definitely was a powerhouse with a nice beam. Today I checked it and it would not display any more power than the lowest setting. I immediately put that same cell in my Nitecore charger and it quickly shweed a full charge. That did not make sense to me so I put it in another Nitecore charger and it still showed a full charge.I tried the light again and it was the same low power. I then tried another cell that was charged and it still will not get past low.:(
Fortunately I bought it at Batteryjunction so I am hoping for some help because the light saw light duty and lasted less than SIX MONTHS.

Last edited:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried cleaning the contacts with something like Deoxit? A prolonged period of no use could allow an oxide buildup that would increase resistance enough that the voltage available looks like the cell is almost dead.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried cleaning the contacts with something like Deoxit? A prolonged period of no use could allow an oxide buildup that would increase resistance enough that the voltage available looks like the cell is almost dead.
Hey THANKS!!! that is why I am a proud member here! I will give that a try.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
update 3.03.20 Battery Junction has been helpful (AS USUAL) .They sent the P30 bacl to Nitecore for repair. On a different light I remembered my Nitecore TUP went dead on 2.1.20:candle: Battery Junction is getting me an RMA for that light to repair it. Because of Batteryjunction's service as well as past positive experiences with Nitecore I just made the move to get their latest 4000 lumen 21700 powered Nitecore E4K-XP-L2-V6 . its on back order. FWIW My C6 Cameleon has been an every day carry item for over 5 years (I LOVE IT)

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
update 3.03.20 Battery Junction has been helpful (AS USUAL) .They sent the P30 bacl to Nitecore for repair. On a different light I remembered my Nitecore TUP went dead on 2.1.20:candle: Battery Junction is getting me an RMA for that light to repair it. Because of Batteryjunction's service as well as past positive experiences with Nitecore I just made the move to get their latest 4000 lumen 21700 powered Nitecore E4K-XP-L2-V6 . its on back order. FWIW My C6 Cameleon has been an every day carry item for over 5 years (I LOVE IT)

ok all's well both have been replaced! the P30 is back from BattJunction!