Klarus        
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fenix E01 V2 ?

Flashaholic*

Default Fenix E01 V2 ?

What's differentiating this and the e05 now?

https://www.fenixlighting.com/produc...aa-flashlight/

Default Re: Fenix E01 V2 ?

I would rather have the original
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

15 lumens on high and a bit more user friendly shaping.

And 8 bucks if you pay regular price for the E05.

I liked the E05 in that you did have a choice of higher output if desired. Plus that one had a better beam. But from what I understand it's solid regulation that did not disingsge once volts got below X meant sudden darkness rather than dimming. Hopefully this V2 will allow it to fall out of regulation.
    Being potted or not? PWM or not? CRI? Others can sort that out as those things won't make or break my decision to purchase a few.

Thanx for the info GB. Pre-order for a black one done.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 07-30-2020 at 11:17 AM.
    John 3:16

Sofirn C01 is the E01 2.0
    THRUNITE > Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+ HiCRI
    > Sofirn C01|Dorcy Penlight (Yuji modded)
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999 MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens) Petzl Tikkina 80L ..... Fenix E01

I had 4 of the original E01's but one went belly up when I left a Kirkland AAA battery in it for too long. I tried everything to fix it and finally gave up. I see this new version likes Ni-mh batteries best (according to the manual I found online). That's good because I have a decent stash of Eneloops that I use for other flashlights, radios, and some Streamlight Seige AA lanterns we use for power outages and camping.

I had a discount code so ordered 3 from the website for about $31 shipped. The black ones are *supposed* to ship Monday. Hope they are at least as good as the originals. I like the power modes and claimed runtime on these.
    Last edited by CSG; 08-04-2020 at 06:48 PM.

Fenix said it shipped today. I'll say a few words about it when it arrives.

Flashaholic*

Byk, Lookin forward to your evaluation!

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Fenix said it shipped today. I'll say a few words about it when it arrives.

Mine also shipped today.

Flashaholic*

So they took everything good about the E01 and scrapped it? Why even keep the name?
    What kind of self respecting nocturnal being cannot see in the dark, one way or another?

Looks more like the LD01 to me with a lower low and higher mid and high. I would go for this light if they made a SS or titanium version as I already have a lumintop AAA that has a higher high mode at 120 lumens but the clicky switch is a mixed bag IMO.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Mine are also on the way. I have three working E01's and like them very much. It would have been nice to have them reintroduced as they were. I have three of the new ones and three of the E05's coming. At $12.95 each minus the *newmember2020* discount, free shipping, and no sales tax, I'm good with risking $10.32 per flashlight. That said, these are daypack flashlights. I use a Nitecore Tube V2 on my keychains and have a couple oLight i3T EOS's as an EDC.
    Last edited by CSG; 08-04-2020 at 11:10 PM.

I like the look and a nice power LED for a better beam but I agree, it should have stayed a low output single mode light. There are loads of 3 mode twisty AAA lights out there already. That said Iíll probably still get one since thereís always uses for AAA lights.

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    I like the look and a nice power LED for a better beam but I agree, it should have stayed a low output single mode light. There are loads of 3 mode twisty AAA lights out there already. That said Iíll probably still get one since thereís always uses for AAA lights.

Do you think this will have the same beam pattern as the E05?

Quote Originally Posted by busseguy View Post
    Do you think this will have the same beam profile as the E05?
    I don't have an E05 but I think it uses an optic while the E01V2 uses a reflector which means the E01V2 will throw a lot better while the E05 has a better floody beam. As I use my keychain light mostly for close up tasks (within 6 feet or so) throw is less of an issue for me.
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Arc View Post
    I don't have an E05 but I think it uses an optic while the E01V2 uses a reflector which means the E01V2 will throw a lot better while the E05 has a better floody beam. As I use my keychain light mostly for close up tasks (within 6 feet or so) throw is less of an issue for me.

Thank you for the info.

Flashaholic*

The E01 V2 uses an optic too, but it doesn't appear to be diffused like the E05.
    What kind of self respecting nocturnal being cannot see in the dark, one way or another?

Quote Originally Posted by defloyd77 View Post
    The E01 V2 uses an optic too, but it doesn't appear to be diffused like the E05.
    I guess I didn't look closely enough as there is no picture that shows the business end of the light well only a side view that at a glance looked clear. The can make optics that throw better than reflectors but most often they reduce side spill too much making for a moon beam. I would rather have a decent amount of spill or diffused on a keychain light than a moon beam as I have my light attached to my keys and spill from my light dangling is enough to see the hole but without spill it probably be not as useful in that effort.
    I'm going to wait for a review from someone before I consider this light and maybe they will come out with a limited SS version so I can replace my LD01SS that I lost.

SS would be very cool. I wish I had never sold my LD01 in SS. One of those dumb moves as a flashaholic when youíre trying to raise funds for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    SS would be very cool. I wish I had never sold my LD01 in SS. One of those dumb moves as a flashaholic when youíre trying to raise funds for something else.
    It was a very well made light but the mode spacing wasn't very useful and the high was supposed to be 80 or 85 but was probably closer to 65 I think. I like the spacing on my lumintop but it isn't nearly as bulletproof well worn now anodizing. My LD01 looked as good as the day I got it as the scratches on it are invisible and I kept a chapstick cap over the business end to keep junk off the glass lens it looked brand new too.

No knurling, tailstanding looks suspect? Hmmm...
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

It should tail stand as good as an Elzetta Bravo

Received a couple of these yesterday. This is not a review - just a few impressions. Itís slightly larger than the Olight I3 EOS. The 3 levels are usable, but I wish the low were lower. Frankly, I agree with whatís been said - just leave the darn thing single level. I measured in my sphere and it has exactly the same output (just a bit over 80 lumen) on high as the little Olight, but the Olight has a smaller spot and a more pure white. In real use, you wonít notice on the Fenix, but white wall hunting reveals some tint shift towards a little bit of green/brown.

Looks solid enough, but not the ďcockroach of the flashlight worldĒ that the original E01 was. Still, for a few bucks itís usable and disposable.

I have big hands....

As has been alluded to, this one will be tough to tail stand...

Size comparison - top, McGizmo PD - middle, Fenix - bottom, Olight

Compared to an HDS Rotary

Someone mentioned wanting to see the business end:

Scout24 and I were conversing over this - we both (as do most of you, I'm sure) have plenty of AA and AAA lights scattered around and 'pigeon holed'. I probably won't be loading up on these, but it would probably be a decent bug out bag light.

Oh, I installed the included, cheap alkaline battery, but will change out to a better one.

It is rated at 100 lumens on high but only puts out 80? My Lumintop Tool AAA is rated at 130 lumens not sure how much the actual is but I know it is considerably brighter than my LD01 was I think it is at least 110 lumens the other modes are about the same on it 5/32 lumens. That is one reason I haven't bought the E05 when I found it online as 80 lumens is no improvement over what the LD01 did.

Being an original owner of the E01 and a recent owner of the E01 V2, I'm good with the new version although it's hard to beat the original for cost/runtime/price. I also have some E05's and a couple E12's. Saul Goodman. Two of my old E01's ones are carried in this little kit, one of which is in my two rigs (along with countless other larger packs.

CSG- Nice kit...
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    CSG- Nice kit...
    Thanks. While I have the Leatheman tools that go with those cases (and they're in the glovebox too), I have a thing for SAKs, especially the older Champion Plus (which is what those two models are). A knife and the ability to make fire. All I need is a loin cloth... Living in Idaho, it's a more useful kit for dayhikes in our local hills that one might otherwise think. That said, I usually strap on a daypack as well when I'm in the back country along with a firearm.

It is rated at 100 lumens on high but only puts out 80? My Lumintop Tool AAA is rated at 130 lumens not sure how much the actual is but I know it is considerably brighter than my LD01 was I think it is at least 110 lumens the other modes are about the same on it 5/32 lumens. That is one reason I haven't bought the E05 when I found it online as 80 lumens is no improvement over what the LD01 did.

Please note that my sphere is home made, and while it has been reliable I surely wouldn't want anyone basing purchase decisions over my readings. Personally, I doubt I could "see" the difference between 80 and 100 anyway. But again - I use mine more for relative readings that true scientific readings.

Thatís pretty disappointing that Fenix Lied about the output. Also I wish they didnít add the symbols on the head. Itís not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by busseguy View Post
    Thatís pretty disappointing that Fenix Lied about the output. Also I wish they didnít add the symbols on the head. Itís not needed.
    The guy tested it with a homemade sphere and a cheap battery so who knows how accurate that claim of 80 lumens is? You're bitching about a $13 light?? Why would Fenix intentionally lie?
    Last edited by CSG; 08-07-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Last edited by busseguy; 08-07-2020 at 05:07 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast