I ordered all instock AAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

s2k

Newly Enlightened
when i found AAs was in stock yesterday, i ordered ALL of them, over a dozen. finally my friends and I could enjoy this long-waited product! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i was expecting merri will ship them next month, but she told me they were IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP!

AH HA, finally i can have them before weekend, yeah! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

s2k

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
zumlin said:
How many were "ALL of them"?

[/ QUOTE ]
i ordered 15, and added 5 more when shipping, merri told me they woun't have more until next month:D

edited:

i think most of them will go to my friends and few for myself of course. for the rest, i'll put on B/S/T for sale, i'll let them go as same price as ARC offered, and with lower international shipping price. you guys should see this post next week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Noxiousbt

Newly Enlightened
Nice, now we have all the makeings for a Black Market. A limited product, fear of not getting one, and how hard is it to find a capitalist in the U.S.

nexro

Enlightened
Personally, I still prefer the AAA compared to the AA.
Unless of course, you are planning to mod it with a luxeon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

NIGHTGUY

Newly Enlightened
I received my Arc AA today after about 2 months wait. Overall, I think it is overrated and overpriced compared to the CMG/GERBER Infinity Ultra. Sure the Arc AA has a better finish and can stand up on its tail, but it is almost twice the price of an Ultra. Maybe I am so used to the excellent quality and value of the LSH and the 4+, I must say I am kind of disappointed. Just me 2 cents worth. I want to know what other CPF members thinks on the comparison of the Arc AA and the Infinity Ultra.

paulr

Flashaholic
I don't understand your disappointment. You knew exactly what the Arc AA did before you ordered it. What were you expecting that you didn't get? If you didn't want a light that does pretty much the same thing as the Infinity Ultra but costs twice as much, why did you buy it? For some people, the smaller size and nicer construction is worth it; for others, it is not. You can buy a really fancy Montblanc fountain pen for $500 or you can buy a Bic ballpoint for 10 cents, and they both do pretty much the same thing too, but some people just like really nice pens and are willing to pay for them. Some others like really nice flashlights and are willing to pay for those.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
NIGHTGUY said:
I received my Arc AA today after about 2 months wait. Overall, I think it is overrated and overpriced compared to the CMG/GERBER Infinity Ultra. Sure the Arc AA has a better finish and can stand up on its tail, but it is almost twice the price of an Ultra. Maybe I am so used to the excellent quality and value of the LSH and the 4+, I must say I am kind of disappointed. Just me 2 cents worth. I want to know what other CPF members thinks on the comparison of the Arc AA and the Infinity Ultra.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll tell you what. I'll take it off your hands for what you paid for it.

NIGHTGUY

Newly Enlightened
paulr,
I was expecting it to be a bit brighter than the Ultra. But I appreciate your comments.

this is nascar,
Thanks for your offer. But I decided sent it to led_asap to have him mod it with a LuxIII.

paulr

Flashaholic
It would be a poor idea for the stock Arc AA to be brighter than the Ultra while still using the same Nichia LED. The AA and the Ultra both overdrive the LED to within an inch of its life. There's a lot to be said for the idea of using a Luxeon instead, but that would make the AA a lot more expensive, so for now the only way to get a Luxeon AA is through a modder. Ledmods_asap does excellent work and you're going to end up with a very nice light.

s2k

Newly Enlightened
Hi:

i've received them on monday and there are about 10 availiable on CPF, i'm selling them for $34.5 each with $5 international shipping.

check it here

2 of them got beam problems, i've sent them back to ARC after the test. the rest are really NICE, much brighter than AAAs, especially useful in dark place in the night. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

s2k

Newly Enlightened
oh yes, i'll also have some Infinity Ultras next week.
then i'll be able to compare them.

however according to compare pictures i saw before, ARC AAs are BRIGHTER than Ultras, don't know how bright will the new version Ultras be. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.