No Update while waiting for Warranty Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

vj

Newly Enlightened
According to Fedex tracking, Arc received my AA return(for replacement under warranty, as agreed by Merri) two weeks ago. Haven't heard anything yet. Having learned about production problems, I was patient in waiting. Now the post here about someone getting 20 Arc AA's(supposedly firsts, not seconds) a few days ago makes me worried. Shouldn't my replacement have been given priority over a new sale? (given I first ordered it on March 02, and had to wait two weeks before it was even shipped). I would like to hear official Arc policy in this regard.

ps. There's a possibility that my replacement is on the way; but I cannot know unless they tell me or I ask them. The latter approach reminds me of BoTach; I expect better from Arc. It would have been nice if I were kept updated and informed - for one thing this post could have been avoided /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
7272, I talked to Merri about this and she says she has 3 warranty returns on file with AAs but they all also have AAAs they are waiting for. We like to ship the entire order together to keep costs down. We won't have any AAA for awhile but we could send you the AA replacement right now. We kept enough in stock for warranty returns. Just send us an email so we know which one of those people you are.

Btw, only one out of those three returns provided us with an email address or phone number so we could contact them. As my luck would have it, you are probably that one person. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh, and I hope we have earned the right to not be mentioned with that dealer in the same sentance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Peter

vj

Newly Enlightened
Peter, Thanks for the prompt reply. I had ordered AA + AAA, but only needed replacement on AA. I inlcuded a letter with my contact info. And, in case you haven't guessed, 7272 is my order number, and the Fedex tracking number for my return to you is 045706656086704. Ask Merri to e-mail me for further correspondence on my specific case. Thanks again.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: No Update while waiting for Warranty Replaceme

I own and operate a small service business. My business is weather dependant (I can't work in wet weather) and I have been drastically behind for quite awhile. I'm a one man show and there is no way that I can call my waiting customers - it's just too time consuming. I don't know what days I can even work until that day is actually here. Last year was the wettest on record for us for the past 100 years and the 1st quarter of 04 has been bad too. It's been so bad at times, that when I could work, I started with current customers and worked backwards. I pride myself on old fashioned business ethics and 1st class customer service, but this has been far beyond my control. Overwhelming to say the least.

The circumstances with the AAA / AAs, if you understand them, have been beyond ARC's control. They have put countless hours in finding and correcting the problems, not to mention the cost and are replacing them as quickly as they can. They are a small company and I doubt that they are in a postition to pay someone to make dozens of calls or emails instead of their normal jobs. I would call the magnitude of the AAA/AA situation overwhelming. Their history of 1st class customer service is really beyond questioning. Please cut them some slack. Is it really that inconvenient for you to call an 800# or post a question?

cybersoga

Newly Enlightened
Re: No Update while waiting for Warranty Replaceme

I sent mine back a few weeks ago (AAA) but i've not heard anything yet, I did include my email address, but I did send it from the UK so it might take some time to reach you. I did think about simply ordering another after a couple of weeks of sending it incase it doesn't reach you but then I read about your problems and thought well if you don't have any then there's no point in persuing it at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.