Want to see where you are?

stockwiz

Enlightened
http://mapper.acme.com/?lat=43.323146&long=-87.952087&scale=14&theme=Image&width=5&height=5&dot=Yes

The red dot is Grafton, the small town to the north is saukville, and the town to the east of saukville along lake michigan is Port Washington. That thing jetting out over lake michigan used to be a coal power plant.

Here's a closeup of the area around my house... too busy for my blood, but a nice area with a stream to the north, a mound with woods to the southwest, and 2 schools, middle school and elementary school, with 2 baseball fields to the south.

I can tell this picture is between 6 and 3 years old because of two things... where the teacher's cars are parked at the middle school.. they were parked in a different spot before that time, and because that middle school had an addition put on about 2 years ago that isn't there in this picture.

http://mapper.acme.com/?lat=43.333939&long=-87.95703&scale=10&theme=Image&width=5&height=5&dot=Yes

juancho

Enlightened
They have a strange way to use the UTM, they put the Northing before the Eastherns and the zone (as in zone 18 T) in the end, took me a while to see what was wrong after it send me twice to the south pole!!!
Also they are a little about 100 yards off (the marker is about 100 yards off my house) My coordinates were taken with two different GPS, Garmin 12XL and Garmin Summit.
I use UTM almost exclusively now. As is it much more easily to meassure.
Juan C.

juancho

Enlightened
Hi BlindedbytheLight:
I was in your neigborhood several times in the last few years, as I hunt bears with a outfitter in Eagle Lake, and he pick me up at Presque Isle airport, also been there in the summer for fishing with my family in St. Froid Lake in Winterville. I'll stop and bang in your door to look at some flashlights!!
Juan C. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

illumiGeek

Enlightened
No pictures of my area. If I look in "Topo" mode it is looking in the right place, but in "Image" mode I just get a bunch of red X (no pics). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Checked on Terraserver and there is no data for Hawaii.

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty neat- I put in some test points, and it nailed down the location very closely.
By the way, it seems to be very flexible in how you enter the coordinates, accepting DD.MM.mmm, as well as DD.dddddd, with the N/W before or after the numbers-