The 9P is back in production? I see them New.

Viper

Newly Enlightened
There is a Gander Mountain that just opened in my area (Novi, MI). They have what I will describe as 2 "significant and outstanding" dedicated display TOWERS with all SF lights, filters, and assecories shown inside.

I would say they have MOST of the surefire lineup dispalyed. What caught my eye is they have SEVERAL 9P's including a Hard Anodized One (If I remember right).

Anyway, they claim they have the 9P's NEW IN BOX still sealed. Are they back in production or is this old parts? It seems odd because everything else seems new including the new style bezels, L4's, and some awesome looking M6's.

If I bought the 9P, what kind of lamps do I purchase?
Why were they ever discontinued?

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hard Anodized 9P? Is that type III?

Wouldn't that be very rare?

GregR

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the 9P's were no longer made. They aren't in the '04 catalog...but odder things have happened...

--dan

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
A shop in Singapore could not get SF to produce SF 9Ps so they signed a contract with SF to produce as printed on the box 9P (upgraded from 6P). What happens is SF packaged the A19 with the 6P and it comes with a P90 installed. That is orders by the thousands I heard.

Andy Ho

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'm sure if they ordered enough they could have their choice of finish and etching.
The trouble is that SureFire are exceedingly busy at the moment so it may take some time to deliver the goods.

Al

Jim_F

Newly Enlightened
Viper,

Thanks for the info (I think). I went there and spent more then I planned. I bought a G2, and E2EHA, a spares carrier and some extra lamp assemblies. I also noticed the 9P's. I understand there will be a Surefire rep there on the weekend of May 14-15 showing some new products.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
The heck with the 9P. Bring back the 9NT!

Brightnorm

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you on this one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike