Newbie question: Is this E1e real?

Rax

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,

I'm new here, so I really don't know whether this forum is the one to ask this question. However, the story goes like this:
I'm very interested in getting a Surefire E1E. Now here, down under (in Australia, that is), there are a couple of places with prices marked up over 100%. Other than that, it is very difficult to get a Surefire. So I took a look on EBay and I found this item: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4128638796.
I know, it's all the way in UK, but my question regards the product itself. I know I've seen a Surefire E1e in a different packaging on a review website. Does it look legit to you? Any other suggestion where I could find a new Surefire E1e (and maybe a KL1) that won't cost me an arm and a leg? And postage to Australia that won't cost me a kidney? Thank you very much.
Cheers,

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
It looks legit to me and IIRC 35 pounds is about $50 USD which is a good price. The same seller has 123 batteries for sale also, you might 'save' on shipping by buying more if the prices on 123's are good for your area. Contact the seller on shipping to you before the end of the auction.
I think in general people from 'Down Under" have complained about the price of high-end USA made lights. But then those in the US do also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
It is real! That is the newest box. Here, in the States, the E1E, in that box, comes with the Z57 clickie tail cap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I would assume that is the case in Great Britain too. Ask the seller.

Unfortunately, the E2E and E2O, packaged in the newest box, do not have the Z57 clickie tail cap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

oldgrandpajack

maverick

Enlightened
Rax that is real. I had an E1e in that box and it has the clickie. Though I like the old boxes more.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
The newest box is more expensive to ship from the States, with Global Priority Mail. It is too long for the small flat rate Global Prioriy Mail envelope. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
oldgrandpajack

maverick

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
GeoffChan said:
its a pity that some shops down here will sell them for $265au

Geoff

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! That's close to $200USD!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Rax

Newly Enlightened
Yes, GeoffChan is right! I gotta become a dealer with these markups. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It must be more profitable than being a real estate agent or car seller. Now, if only I can get enough aussies to pay those prices....

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Rax, welcome to CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Have you tried any of the US dealers? there is a handy list here
Dealers Offering Intn'l Orders
Could the outrageous prices in AU result from some kind of import tax? If so, you may have to pay customs/duty when your package arrives, so be careful. Good luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

lightemup

Flashaholic*
PM sent Rax /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

This is the second time today i've PM'd a cpfer in the ACT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GeoffChan

Enlightened

lightemup

Flashaholic*
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif Geoff

I can't help but feel sorry for the dealers...

Starting from the top: Surefire USA - shipping to aust - GST and Import Duty charged - Distributor receives it (needs to make dollars) - dealer / shop gets it (needs a profit) and because the Aussie market is relatively tiny compared to the US, mark ups need / are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif a lot higher.

I try to buy Australian when I can, but as Geoff says, at some of those prices I can only say Holy Horse Dung /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/knight.gif! (forgive me if this graemlin means something else, i'm still trying to figure it out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

Cam