white X4T Luxeon never heard of it; any good???

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Re: white X4T Luxeon never heard of it; any good??

it is almost the same as the famous X3T, but it should be a bit more on the blue side.
ut with the old binnng system you couldn*'t be sure at all, might as well be pure white.
the important thing is ... X flux, T voltage.
the jackpot.
bernhard

McGizmo

Flashaholic

I've heard of them and presume to have handled them. The ones I have seen were on stars but since there was no lumiled's markings of any kind, I can only go by what I was told by the folks who provided them for mods I built for them. Of course when we are dealing with emitters, there is no marking either so it can only be a matter of faith and trust among friends and members of a small community. When I build heads and know the bin of the LED, I have taken to writing it down in the inside of the head. When the LED's are provided by me, I am confident in the bin that I write.

However, since the bin is provided by Lumileds, sodium cloride should be taken in conjunction with the bin! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So is the X4T any good? For a 5 W, it should be one great LED! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I think too much emphasis is placed on the bins but that's just my impression. I have seen the X3T's revered as if they are some form of magic?!?! They should and typically do put out a heck a lot of photons. However, if lux is the name of the game or throw is what you're after, a run of the mill 1W or Lux III will eat the X3T for breakfast if it's in the same optic or reflector when it comes to throw or lux.

Kiessling

Flashaholic

... but who wants throw anyway when you can have a huge beautiful wall of white X3T-light? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif
sorry, couldn't resist. I just love the 5W in a PR ... it's my light.
in reality, Don is right, of course. As always ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

benrhard

cy

Flashaholic

I totally agree... I do like the wall of light from a X3T PR. With my new single 123 mclux pack, it's my EDC. I used it tonight as I worked on someone's dead car after the scout meeting. I'm proud to say mine is not sitting in a safe, but being carried everyday used as a tool.

quite versatile a 5watt PR head being able to go with single or 2X 123 packs. I like the using the single 123 pack, the 2X 123 pack is just too bright for most applications.

Another factor is the increased runtimes for BB750 X3T's. I can run it for 1 hour 15min+ on bright, it barely gets warm. Compare that to a 3watt or 1watt being driven at 1amp+

oldeng95

Enlightened

now how bright is bright?
more lumens than an L4?
pushing 100 lumens?
this might be just what Im looking for
PAUL

Hoghead

Flashaholic*

I have one of the X4T Luxeons in a L1/PR/BB750/2x123 that Don built. It is nice and white at 750ma, but on low it has a green tint. Compared to a V3T/PR/BB700 the X4T has a larger hot spot and the spill light is brighter. I have two L4s and either 5 watt PR blows them away.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Having handled a few X3Ts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif in the last 6-8 months, I can say that if flood is your game ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Don /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif), you'd be hard pressed to find anything better. In a PR head with a 2x123 form factor, it is the bees' knees of pocketable lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif In a OA reflector, it is a mighty thunderstick! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Ok OK, Flood is great ( I just don't usualluy need that much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I do recall playing with a light that had a X4 in it but I think it was a SE. Now that light as I recall could reach out and touch some distant objects as well as illuminate the forground equally well. It was a one off or actually two off created by some weenie.......

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
It was a one off or actually two off created by some weenie.......

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

illumiGeek

Enlightened

No, they're crap. Send them all to me and I'll put them out of their misery for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The X4T should be very bright, and cool-white to blue-white in color.

Got any extras?