How to use an ARC twisty on a McLux?

MY

Enlightened
I have a McLux X4T PR-T head in the mail coming to me now. I am trying to figure out what is the advantagous of using various bodies for this head. It is clear to me that the ARC twisty is the smallest form factor (outside of a FF) that could be possible used on the McLux. Can someone explain to me how I can use an ARC twisty on this McLux?

What type of body are folks using on their X3(4)T PR (T) McLuxes and what are the advantages of using your choice of body?

Thanks

Kiessling

Flashaholic
this all depends on the driver in the head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif
if it is a BadBoy module you *can* run it on 1x123 and should do so on 2x123 and must avoid more than that if you like your new head.
if it is a Downboy, it is the other way round.

The Arc twisty can be joined with a special adapter made by Roth, jtice or McGizmo. You might want to ask them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Personally I am using a McLux 2x123 body, but any other 2x123 combo (hint: E2e) is fine. This is the most reasonable solution. The 1x123 idea is still too big for a keachain / front pocket and suffers from a very short runtime. This might well change with Don's new 2-stage caps though.

bernhard

MY

Enlightened
Thanks for the advice Mr. B. The driver is a BB750.

Because of the size of the McLux head, I know that it will be difficult to carry in a front pants pocket but still I would like to have as small a form factor as possible. I think that the ARC twisty (even with an adaptor?) will be the smallest?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
5wtwistywitharcaaa.jpg
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MY

Enlightened
OK Roth, how did you do it. Some detailed explanation for the technically challenged (me)!

Wow, adding a two stage switch would make the light quite useful.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
here is the origional thread, but the pictures are down...

here is a picture of the thingamajiggy itself:
arc2eadapter.jpg

Kiessling

Flashaholic
this adaptor is truly a little gem! I appreciate mine very very much! if you can get your hands on one ... grab it quick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

jtice

Flashaholic
I also made an Arc to SF adaptor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

There are quite a few advantages to it.
Alot more body/head combinations are possible.

Here is mine, mating a SF L4 head to an Arc 123 twistie.
arc_to_sf_adaptor_01.jpg

jtice

Flashaholic
Ut ohhh
I see this is gonna start a mass of ppl asking for one.

These take me way too long to make. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Its just too long a process, to still charge someone a good fair price.

A run of these would be great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I am just not finacially ready for that yet.

MY

Enlightened
OK then Mr. jtice, I just need one from your private stash. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
jtice said:
...These take me way too long to make. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Its just too long a process, to still charge someone a good fair price...

[/ QUOTE ]

c'mon, dont' be a sissy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
i've done things that take twice as long for half as mutch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

guys, feel free to emale or pm ticey. if he turns you down, then just spam his account /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I think we should apply some "group pressure" to force the good guy to make a small run ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

I am in for one!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bernhard

Darell

Flashaholic
Jtice - we need to resize that picture. Need to keep them under 700 pix wide for those of us on laptops and/or smaller screens. It is requiring me to scroll to read the posts. Thanks.

jtice

Flashaholic
Darell, Sorry about that, Image is resized. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OK guys, I will look into having a run of these made again, but between time and $$$, its gonna be very tough for me.
Maybe me and Roth can work something out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ........ BUT, dont get your hopes up !

Stickles01

Newly Enlightened
I would like to order 3,000 of them, and I need them tomorrow, by 6am. 1,000 single 123 extensions, 1,000 2 123 cell extensions, and the rest should be 3 cell extensions, all with knurling and engraved with 'Stick is my daddy' on them. NO hassles from you either, i know where you live.