"Megamighty" Drill Lantern Mod take two

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
\"Megamighty\" Drill Lantern Mod take two

Image-8C5AA421A8E911D8.jpg-thumb_202_269.jpg

'Megamod'

Image-8C5937F9A8E911D8.jpg-thumb_202_269.jpg

beamshot up at ceiling... wash almost completely covers the ceiling.

Well... It's all put together and georgous. I de-tuned the max power, aiming initially for 9W total, it ended up being 8.5W at the emitter, 9.34W from the battery... my first run-time test was 6 1/2 hrs full-power... pretty much 'unlimited' when you turn it down. (up to 100+ hours!)

Here's the web page

Heatsink never gets too hot to handle even after being on for 6 1/2 hours.

I absolutely love the light this thing gives off... been using it for a 'nightlight' to have on while working on the computer late-night, it's the most pleasant room illumination... probably like 20% power or so... dimly and evenly illuminates the entire room... think i'm going to make some room-lighting based on the concept.

After doing a 'shoot out' with my brother's DeWalt light... and considering the heat sink never overheats... thinking of adding a 4th emitter that would bring the total output to 11 1/3W and light output would go from about 210 to about 280 Lumens.... should i go-for-broke?

-awr

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: \"Megamighty\" Drill Lantern Mod take two

nah, i think you should just sent me that one and then start over from scratch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast

anything to help a flashaholic... i'm thinking of building these for people, but i'm sure ya'll know that can't be inexpensive, yikes.. i think this is the most expensive 'flashlight' i ever touched.... don't even wanna think about it. Like they say about a boat.. 'a hole in the water into which you pour money'.... my $4 burned out bulb sure turned into a hellova experiment, but like i used to say of my '95 Z28... no matter what it cost... 'worth every penny'

-awr

idleprocess

Flashaholic

The best boat joke I've ever heard is that the two best days in your life as a boat owner are the day you buy it and the day you sell it... of course, you have to decide what to do with the matching truck afterwards.