Dorcy AA 3-LED mod (pics)

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I was very dissapointed with this light and decided to try my luck at a mod.I had a spare low dome emitter and a CR2 cell to start with.I cut the body shorter and used the stock circuit board for power.A little boring with my Dremel tool and it fit the CR2 perfect.A cut down NX-05 for optic and a penny cut down for a heat sink made for a pretty decent little light.The pics show it compared to a few of my favorite lights with a beamshot versus my Arc LSH.The mod is on the left and the Arc on the right.I would love to have done this mod with a High Dome but maybe next time as I had none available.
All in all it performs fairly well and I owe this addiction to all the members here for not warning me long ago..hehe
practice_258.sized.gif

practice_260.sized.gif

practice_261.sized.gif

practice_262.sized.gif

practice_263.sized.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
robo there not loading the pics i mean if ya email me them ill host them if ya need?

Robocop

I tried your profile Raggie33 and saw no e-mail address...can I mail pics in a pm from here?

Robocop

I tried your profile Raggie33 and saw no e-mail address...can I mail pics in a pm from here?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
email removed to avoid spamers that may be cruseing board /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Robocop

pics sent...sorry for the larger size...I tried to resize them in my picture program.Do not think it worked
Thanks for the help on this

raggie33

*the raggedier*
dang i wonder why pmss aint working i hate to mess up this thread .but any ways i didnt recive no pics at my email ill shrink em for ya when i get em and switch em to jpg

Robocop

I was impressed with the output for a low dome.The emitter came from chop who had a few spares from some KL1 mods.I originally wanted to use a reflector however the few I tried did not work very well.
The body does get a little warm after a few minutes but limited use should be fine.It is basically just a fun mod and I will probably never use it much anyway.If I had a lathe and mill I would be dangerous..hehe

Robocop

Thanks for the effort anyway FrenchyLed...seems like the site was down at first and then began working.

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Robocop,

When I can help, I like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
I sent your pictures to the FTP site tjtech.org in the robocop directory. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Robocop

excellent...thanks again and I will keep you posted on the outcome of this project.Thinking of trying it with a High Dome or even a 3 watt LED...I need to check the Mah on it as I removed the resistor from the board before using it.I have no idea what kind of power it is putting out.I will check it later and let you all know.