LongMagBow

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Stupid? well maybe not........ Then again, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

LongMagBow.jpg

candle.jpg

This is a proto McCapsule that has been installed in a quickly and easily modded Mag head. A quick bore and internal thread were all that was required. The lip of the battery tube needed to be faced to expose raw Al for the ground path. Mod took less than an hour. The stock LongBow head screws onto the mag head for a double headded blunder or wonder. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Initially I felt this was real pointless as well as stupid but upon further consideration, add a two stage switch which I think will be pretty clean with the production components I don't have yet and the following: 2x AA Li-Ion batteries, Downboy 917 (1200 for the goofier than I) and so17xa reflector. You would have a pretty clean light that would have some butt to it and it would be thermally responsible for using the LED on the high current.

Then again............ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

bald1

Enlightened
Don,

You never fail to amaze. A little chain pulling in another thread and BANG! here is the object of the tease within scant hours!

Now I'm just throttling back awaiting the availability of your Longbow McCapsule and PR heads, and for Jim Sexton to recovery fully enabling him to get back on track for the TL mod packages. Life is good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif!

--Bob

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Nerd,

I don't see why it wouldn't work! Same threads and geometry. I tried a messed up PR-Long Bow head that I have sitting around ant it works:

PR-Mag.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif I always did want to put a PR on a mag! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
guys, it's late. time to stop this and go to bed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
... a PR on a MAG ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
bernhard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

pc_light

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
...The current generation [of LongBows] has standardized everything thus mixing and matching works best within generations... -pc_light

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant standardised within the "LB generation", not standardized within our generation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Okay to finish what I started, here -
MMgBsted.jpg

... only mine doesn't have a McCapsule /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

albert

Enlightened
Wah Biangz! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Don, McCapsule pleaseeeeee! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif Her name : McMagBow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Yeah, Don, don't forget "ma capsule" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somehow I think that adds length, and potential for more batteries, maybe 2/3 AAs or something, more voltage, more power, more brightness! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo-Two Heads are always better than one... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Oh Yeah, almost forgot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, if you put a longbow or mclux head on a mini-mag in place of its bezel, could the battery tube be opened up to allow 3 AA's to fit?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
You aren't gaining that much room really, with this particular set up due to the size of the module or capsule. If you condider the size of a sandwich compared to the LongBow capsule, I believe you will understand what I am talking about. You have gained or wasted (your choice of view) maybe 3/8" by adding the head to the head. You aren't adding a complete head here but only the optic portion.