6D Mag w/ 5W Lux Switch Malfunction

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
A while back, me and a friend from here, modified a 6D Mag with a 5 Watt Luxeon. It worked beutifully until a few months ago when the LED started to dim. As time progressed, the LED has stopped working other than the occasional flicker. The friend that did this with me I believe had the same problem and ended up doing something to the switch. Unfortunatly he is out of town now. Has anybody ever done this and modified the switch. I think he hardwired the LED to the switch rather than using the old incandesant bulb to make connections. I really wish I had pictures but I have no Digital Camera. At your request, I will make some drawings /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif. Anyone know how to modify the switch like this in an D Cell Mag? Thanks.
Cameron

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a look here.
In this thread Darkzero shows how to modify a Mag D switch.
Good explanation and very nice pictures too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holy Crap. I was taking the batteries out to start modding the switch when I realized it isnt the switch at all. I got the first two batteries out easily. But the 3rd one in, was totally crap-ified. It had corroded inside the light and thats what was causing my problems I think. It was so badly corroded, that I couldnt even get the other batteries out without a fight. They couldnt get past the corrosion on the wall of the battery pack. Should I just clean that out, get new batteries and try it all over again before I mod the switch? This light is still going to good right?
Cameron