Movie - "Day after Tomorrow" - SureFires used

Size15's

Flashaholic
Movie - \"Day after Tomorrow\" - SureFires used

Mostly M6's and M4's - used like "normal" flashlights.
A couple Maxabeams too.

I have a few M6's and none of them have click switches like the one in the movie. I will have to talk to PK about this...

Al

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Movie - \"Day after Tomorrow\" - SureFires used

Dang Al you must have been one of the first in line to see the movie! So, did you like it?

GregR

Size15's

Flashaholic

I saw it a day late since it opened on Wednesday...
It was okay. Better for seeing it on a big screen.

It's rather silly but a popcorn movie so what did I expect?

Al

Prolepsis

Enlightened

I saw the movie too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Good enough for a summer flick. Predictable plot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Noticed the SureFires and the typical scene where a character uses an M4 (or M6?) to read a map up close. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very good movie, only up to 3/4 of the total length. I hate how the director ends the movie. I mean

spoiler:

how the heck the climate suddenly calms down?

end of spoiler

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

was ok, overall.

maverick

Enlightened

Just watched it yesterday.... not bad I guess, could've been better....

FNinjaP90

Enlightened

Yeah, didn't they say the last ice age lasted for 2 centuries? How did this one only last a week?

I agree, the ending sucked. It would have been nice to see them rebuild or something.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

well at least there was something decent in the movie, cause there wasn't anything else in it worth seeing at all. Sorry, just too much incorrect info, stuff they could have just looked up.

Even if you fear this is going to happen to the planet the day after tomorrow, don't recommend your friends go see this movie or they will laugh at you.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast

It was the initial storm that ended in a week, the ice age was still there in the end. I agree there were a lot of mistakes though.

Catapult

Enlightened

What did you expect? It's Hollywood after all (I did not see it but my brother told me all about it... gave me a good chuckle).

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast

Geez guys it's Hollywood, I wasn't expecting a documentary film. I thought it was entertaining and the special effects were decent.

GregR

brightnorm

Flashaholic

Were the special effects any good? I gave away my DVD of "The Perfect Storm" because of the lousy effects, but the book was great.

Brightnorm

Size15's

Flashaholic

Some of the special effects weren't bad. Some were pretty good. A few suffered from water and snow not looking the right scale (I guess they were using minitures for some scenes).

The film seemed very rushed in places and it laboured on in others. I don't think the balance was quite right.

Al

Kram

Newly Enlightened

Well, I went to see this with my daughter. Based on the reviews and the opinions you guys posted, my expectations weren't very high.

Now I have to go once more against the flow. I liked it a lot. I didn't see any immediate holes in the science (although the tropospheric cold air at -150 F was a little difficult to buy). Nevertheless, it was all pretty well done.

If you liked Independence Day (I did), then you'll probably enjoy this one even more.

Boy, I'm glad I don't live in New York City. They keep getting hit with disasters. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mark

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast

i liked it too. i mean independence was "corny" in comparison to this movie. c'mon guys gotta admit the special effects were pretty good. the one thing i thought was stupid was the use of the SF M6's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I mean, c'mon! why in the he!! are you gonna use a SF M6 to read a map right in front of your face! and why are these lights being portrayed as the "emergency lights" in this movie when they are totally inadequate for that task(emergency/disaster lighting) You have the risk of a failing incandescent bulb, the runtime of only a couple of hours, and the next-to-impossible task of finding new batteries that aren't commonly available!!!

brightnorm

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
4x4Dragon said:
...the one thing i thought was stupid was the use of the SF M6's...the runtime of only a couple of hours...

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple of hours?!! Want to sell yours?

Brightnorm

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened

I can't imagine useing a M6 to read a map! Thats a great way to temporaly blind one's self! I find that my L4 is too dang bright for reading maps as well. I have a the red filter for it. I have also been tempted to get the L1 for it's dimable options but for a core emergancy light I use led flashlights, for runtime they can't be beat!

FNinjaP90

Enlightened

At least they used the M6 for what it is - a defense tool - to beat up the wolves. Just how thick is that Millenium Turbohead pyrex anyway?