surefire lamps - p60/61/90/91 end of life?

across the pond

Newly Enlightened
Most of the surefire range now uses lamps that don't have a reflector attached.

Is the lamp + reflector assembly nearing the end of its life? Is it likely to become discontinued anytime soon?

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think we'll have at least a few more years that the P series is available. You have to remember that even if they are discontinued places will still have stocks of them.

Size15's

Flashaholic
It will be many years before SureFire can phase out their P60 etc Lamp Assemblies.

The only way I see that they could do it faster is to replace the Lamp Assembly with an LED Assembly of similar beam output and runtime performance for the same cost (or perhaps a little more).

I don't think SureFire are there quite yet.

Al

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will take many years looking at the ranges of light models still utilizing the P series lamp assemblies.

somelamps

Newly Enlightened
To make that, SureFire has to built the lamp assemblies centering the filament into +-.003" tolerances with respect to the base of the assembly AND both lampassembly and RF should be made to assembly with the less play possible between them, this cost To much for them, Is cheaper to assembly the reflector assembly and find the spot manually.