Weekend Purchases

flashlight_widow

Enlightened
This weekend, we went to REI and the Galleria in Dallas. After hitting the staples in the Galleria (Nordstrom, Saks, etc.) I visited the Discovery Store inside the mall, where they had the Victorinox Signature Lite II in translucent red on 50% off clearance:
55193.jpg

This was really cool for me because it allowed me to lighten up my key ring. I dropped my Victorinox Classic and my ASP Eclipse LED and replace them with just the Signature Lite. I also thought it was pretty cute how you press the Victorinox cross logo to activate the light.

After the Galleria, we ran over to REI where I picked up the perfect novelty trinket. It is a miniature Coleman lantern that would fit on keychain. It has a single amber colored led powered by 2 coin cells. I got the red one because it looks just perfect hanging from the rear view mirror of my red Jeep Wrangler!
coleman1.jpg

(Did I mention I love to go camping?)

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure if the knife alone cuts it as an EDC. I believe the consensus, here, is that at least two lights are necessary for Flashaholics. I haven't perused our bylaws lately but I don't know if a multi-purpose item qualifies as an EDC light, either. You may want to reconsider your priorities. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flashlight_widow

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
jayflash said:
I'm not sure if the knife alone cuts it as an EDC. I believe the consensus, here, is that at least two lights are necessary for Flashaholics. I haven't perused our bylaws lately but I don't know if a multi-purpose item qualifies as an EDC light, either. You may want to reconsider your priorities. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah... I was only listing what was on my keychain. My EDC is my Surefire E1, always in my handbag. As far as multitools/knives, I always carry the Kershaw Chive, Victorinox Swiss Card, a Wusthof swiss army type knife, and depending on whether I'm carrying a cutesy girly baguette purse or a larger tote, the Leatherman Flair. That doesn't even begin to cover what's in my Jeep - lights & tools. I think I've got my bases covered. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i like the knife.i had one like that before but it had no light on it

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
[ QUOTE ]
flashlight_widow said:
[ QUOTE ]
jayflash said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah... I was only listing what was on my keychain. My EDC is my Surefire E1, always in my handbag. As far as multitools/knives, I always carry the Kershaw Chive, Victorinox Swiss Card, a Wusthof swiss army type knife, and depending on whether I'm carrying a cutesy girly baguette purse or a larger tote, the Leatherman Flair. That doesn't even begin to cover what's in my Jeep - lights & tools. I think I've got my bases covered. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey Widow
If you get tired of your hubby and want a change, give me a shout would ya? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

flashlight_widow

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
UncleFester said:
Hey Widow
If you get tired of your hubby and want a change, give me a shout would ya? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif Will keep that in mind, Fester.