Summary:what was your 3 best flashlights purchases for year 2013?

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Now it´s new years eve and it´s a great time to make a summary of your purchases of flashlights for year 2013. I know that most of you have baught more than three flashlights during this year ;), but which 3 flashlights was your best purchases for the year 2013? Please tell your purchases and write motivations why these was your best flashlight purchases,and if you want to, feel free to upload pics of them!

Lineup004_zps702c7ddd.jpg

These was my best flashlight purchases for they year 2013. From left to right, Nitecore SRT7,Fenix TK75-L2 and Olight S20-L2.

The SRT7 with it´s magnetic ring ui and surprisingly longthrowing capability made it my favourite midsize flashlight.

The Fenix TK75-L2 is the highest performance flashlight i have in my collection and it has stunning flood and throw for it´s size.

The Olight S20-L2 was the best EDC purchase i made during the year!:) It has an excelent combination of flood light and long burntime!

Happy new year to all flashaholics! :party:

85coke

Newly Enlightened
K40vn - Amazing throw and nice tint. Everyone is impressed when they see it. I took it to a lake and could see the light on a bank close to 5000' away :)

UV module for an eagletac T20C2 - I've caught over 100 scorpions with this

Xeno E03 with nichia 219 - Very nice AA light to keep around the house.

My most dissapointing purchase was a Nitecore EA4. The low isn't low enough. The UI isn't as nice as some of my other lights. The switch expanded and broke due to being in a hot car.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight 3C Propoly, Streamlight 3AA Propoly, Streamlight Knucklehead.
All with the new C4 LED as Streamlight calls it.

Kauto

Newly Enlightened
1) HDS with custom Nichia 219 mod (Hi-Cri).
2) HDS Hi-Cri clicky executive with black bezel and black decorative clip- My current EDC :thumbsup:
3) Solarforce L2P host with vinhnguyen54 custom built Hi-Cri dropin.

Yep, HUGE fan of HiCri! :D

Cheers,
Kauto

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only bought two lights this year, and they are the Fenix PD32UE and the Armytek Wizard Pro Warm. I am very happy with each of them.

The PD32UE is a great EDC for me because I like the neutral tint and the output as well as the size of the light on a belt holster.

The Wizard Pro Warm is my first headlamp, and it has already begun to change the way I work on things. Many tasks are made much easier now that I have it. Oh, and I like this tint even better than the tint of the PD32UE.

I'm going to include the Fenix TK75 (first edition) here as well because I received it just before 2013 started. That light is my most powerful light, and I can't help but smile every time I crank that light up. In addition, it has been very helpful on night hikes when spotting animals or looking for camp along the way.

ven

Flashaholic
Great Q my 3 would be.........
Fenix tk51

Nitecore tm15

Nitecore p25 in grey at bottom of pic(dont have a pic on its own)

380long

Newly Enlightened
1) NiteCore TM26, screaming deal for $190 right before black Friday.

2) Black Shadow Terminator, BEST $105 I've EVER spent on a flashlight.

3) Black Shadow EVA, Christmas gift for my wife's key chain ($20) and so far we are both impressed with this little light!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glotoob AAAs - I purchased about a half dozen and they simply rock!

EB1T, love the sawed off LX2!

And about a 5 or 6 tied for third...

LedTed

Enlightened
Used NC D11 V2 ('MK1'), because it had a Trit slot.
NOS NC D11 V2 ('MK2'), because it had a Trit slot.
New NC D11 V2 ('MK3'), to have a spare.

PatS

Newly Enlightened
RRT-0 with XM L2. Every day work light with a big floody beam. Wash the crap off the outside of it every day in the sink. Still water tight and working great after 2 months hard use.

No other lights that I would recommend, but I took the leap in rechargeable batteries this year. Best decision in a long time.

BillSWPA

Enlightened
FourSevens QT2L - my current favorite EDC

FourSevens MLR2 - best keychain light I have seen.

Klarus XT2C - most capable light I own with the best user interface.

jimboutilier

Enlightened
Wow, that's a tough one - I bought a lot of lights in 2013 - lol. I guess my personal favorites for the year would be:
1) Foursevens Quark Pro QP2L-X with burst mode. In general I like the Foursevens 10 year full warranty, good parts and accessory availability, Legoability, Pro UI, and the quality look, feel, and reliability I've experienced. I like this lights combination of very small size, high output, high efficiency, good tint, great beam quality, and general versatility. It's one of very few two cell lights in my EDC rotation. It's terrific with a deep pocket carry clip added.
2) Jetbeam RRT-01vn (ring stiffened, output boost, nichia 219). It's compact single cell size, great pocket clip, good quality, fully variable output, and neutral high cri emitter make it great for many fine or critical visual tasks.
3) Zebralight SC600IIL2. A great all round utility and casual EDC light. Advanced circuit design and effeciency. Phenomenal, class leading output range for its size. Great tint and beam quality. Great ZL UI. Great pocket clip.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
The three best lights I got in 2013? Hmm...

1. Zebralight SC52
2. Sunwayman T40C
3. Zebralight SC600MKII L2 (yet to arrive, ordered last Dec 22)

Closet_Flashaholic

Enlightened
2 Nitecore EA4's (with the XM-L2 update)

1 Sunwayman D40A (vinh 1480 lumen upgrade)

For me, 2013 was the year of "AA" flashlights - lots of lumens in a small, convenient form factor.

For 2014, nothing on my list so far because there's nothing out there that excites me too much yet..

I am on the lookout for something like my Sunwayman VR10Ti*, but with a lower low and higher high and a better designed control ring that doesn't wear out because the grease is the only thing that provides the resistance. It also needs sturdier clip. Hopefully somebody will come out with something, but it will probably require a next-gen LED for higher efficiency so I am not holding my breath.

Now if zebralight can ever ship their H52, which has been a complete disaster from a marketing standpoint, I might be interested, but I am not ever pre-ordering anything from anybody ever, based on that fiasco...

Last edited:

P1X4R

Newly Enlightened
I bought quite a few lights in 2013 but if I were to pick my "best" 3 in terms of blinding power it would be the following.

1. Nitecore TM26
2. EagleTac MX25L3C
3. FourSevens Maelstrom MMU-X3

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I remember correctly when I got these?

1-ZL SC52-Every day since I got it.

2-HDS Rotary-Everything good that I had read or better.

3-Malkoff Hound Dog Neutral- I just got this one and holy cow! What a beam and tint! This is just another great one from Malkoff,worth checking out if you can. I like it in Low and am awed with it in High. Great build,amazing beam pattern and just a little tank in every way.