Difference between Inova X1 and XO?

mbt25

Newly Enlightened
I have both and the first thing that comes to mind is the size difference. The X0 is large compared to the X1 or the X5. The X1 is a good light, but I only used it in area that are already partically lit. I use it to see behind computers or backs of switches at my job. The X0 is very bright and has a very good throw. I would use it outside or in much darker areas, although I wouldn't use it for a walking light becuase there is not much spill to it. Hope that helps a little.

The difference between the Inova X1 and X0 is lightyears (pun intended). The X0 is a mega LED with great throw and decent spill. It's a big beast of a light and built like a tank. The X1 is a spotlight, intended for zeroing in on a small project (like a computer repairman might use). The X1 has virtually no spill. It's way smaller as well.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The Inova X1 uses a 5mm LED; the X0 uses a 1.2 watt Luxeon LED. And I believe they use different battery types too.
As far as I am aware, these are the primary differences.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
The X1 uses one 5mm LED.
The XO is a 1 watt Luxeon.

X1 uses 1 AA battery for 1.5 volts
XO uses 2x123 batteries for 6 volts

I see that you have a PT Impact II, the X1 has a shaped lens like the Impact and the beam is similar.

The XO has a different lens and it's much brighter than the X1. The XO lens does concentrate the beam.