Got my Micra!

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
Finally got my Micra today. Excellent finish, tight threads. But the light...Well...It's whitish-yellow in the center with a purplish corona. Not the best color I've ever seen but still useful. And I don't care for the standard optic. I'm gonna get a IMS reflector and a UCL lens for this thing. Maybe even a McCapsule. But overall, apart from the color, I love it.

Eric_M

Enlightened
They really are great lights. The reflector and UCL will make a world of difference.

I love mine too.

Eric

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
Well, the color of the beam doesn't bother me so much when I'm actually using the light. It's really only noticeable when I shine it on a white wall. So no worries there.
It does get a little warm, but nothing worrying though. It's definitely waterproof, which is a good thing. Still haven't had the guts to see if my modded XM2 is waterproof...
It's lots brighter than my Inova X5T-HA.
And *******! that bezel is on TIGHT! I need to go buy a strap wrench to get that thing off!
I'm considering trying the clicky switch too and the Eco tube. I love how modular these things are!
And does anybody know when the SDO bezel will be available???

coachbigdog

Enlightened
Have you thought about contacting the company that you got it from and asking for a new one because of the color?

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
Meh, it doesn't really bother me that much. When it's not shined on a white wall, it still appears to be white. It's only when I compare it to my XM2 that the difference becomes glaring. I also have a feeling that it might become less obvious when I swap out the optic for an IMS reflector.
I'm overall happy with this light.

larryka

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
And *******! that bezel is on TIGHT! I need to go buy a strap wrench to get that thing off!

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this issue too, until I decided to try some of those yellow (maybe other colors) rubber gloves that people use for washing dishes, etc. I was able to twist the bezel right off. I was going to use a rubber jar opener until my girlfriend gave me this idea. BTW, the UCL makes a big difference, but I'm on the fence about the SO17XA reflector that I put in.

- Lawrence

alberto

Enlightened
Don't know about the color problem but the UCL and IMS reflector are a great upgrade -- big improvement. As for the color, you possibly just lost in the Luxeon lottery -- we all do from time to time.

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
Like I said, the color is a minor niggle. I had an IMS reflector in my XM2 and it rocked. I am completely expecting it to do the same in the Micra. The beam is just sooo much better than with the optic.

Taniwha

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BRIGHTEYES said:
And you might want to wash your mouth out.No need in using that kind of language.Especially about my LORD.
Bright eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, grow up and get some mettle.
This is the internet, the whole big wide world is on here, and many of us dont buy that particular flavor of snake-oil... so deal with it and stop whining like a little girl who didnt get her fi' dolla down on the corner.
If you're faith is strong, you shouldnt care what anyone else thinks anyway.

coachbigdog

Enlightened
I can see where this thread is going.Let's not start arguing.I understand Brighteyes,because as a follower of Christ myself,we believe that's taking the Lord's name in vain.Taniwha is also correct that God gives us a free will to do as we please.Perhaps the best thing to do was to ask NICELY,to please,if you will,not use the Lord's name in vain.Either way,let me mediate and ask to drop this subject because it'll go no where but "south".God Bless to all! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SJACKAL

Enlightened
Shall we get back to flashlights please? Millions swear in the name of god hourly daily all the time, how much time can you waste?

Yes the IMS reflector will improve the overall color also, my Micra's optic beam was white with a slight greenish side spill and slight purplish at the rings. With the IMS reflector is like white hotspot with an even corona which is slightly greenish. I guess the reflector aids in overall colour distribution.

I think my IMS reflector is the earlier batches one, the ones without legs, how do you guys use install the reflector with the ucl lens? I can't get a good fit...

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
ErickThakrar: Brigheyes wants you to wash out ya mouth for daying *******......... who gives a f*** about j****c***** anymore??? were all converted to Flashaholicism....

neg

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coach is right...

My suggestion to all of you is to either post on topic, or don't post in this thread at all.

Now let's get this back on topic.

The IMS reflector is a nice addition to the LongBow so long as it's trimmed properly. The optic does a very good job for the most part, but occasionally it's better served by the reflector.

Something I've found is that the Booster Head (available next week) does an awesome job as well as the modified PR head McGizmo did. I have gotten almost the same performance out of the Booster Head's 30mm optic as I have with the reflector in the PR. If there were a way to cram the SO27x (I can't remember the #) reflector in a LongBow head, that would be impressive.