Maglite 3*1w mod

waion

Newly Enlightened
Here's my new mod: 3*1w cyan. I used the very user-friendly tri-sink kindly made by Xminim
P1010033.jpg
P1010034.jpg
P1010035.jpg

Any comments? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks good, waion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Hmm, any chance of doing a drop in? How many cells in the mag, and is it direct drive, resistored or regulated?

waion

Newly Enlightened
Thank you, Phaserburn. It's a 3D mag modded in direct drive. The stars are Q4JC (cyan). DDing the J Vf-bin is possible only with this nice tri-sink, I think. Otherwise, it may be too hot.

I used a modded PR-bulb head for this mod and the whole set-up is just removeable - it's a drop-in already. However, it took me very long time for doing that modded PR-bulb head.

Thanks Xminxm for providing the tri-sink for me. This saved me a lot of time for modding this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
One word: AWESOME.

I smell an opportunity here for some enterprising CPFer with a lathe to start building the larger heatsinks.. and the rest of us to go broke by investing in Lux3 stars and NiMH (3x3W will beat alkaline to death in short order).

waion

Newly Enlightened
BugLightGeek, I will try to take some beamshots if I have time at night. As a 3*1W, it's very bright, brighter than my another 3*1w. However, since it's cyan luxeon, I think it's less useful than the 3*1w white luxeon.

LEDmodMan, that tri-sink is made by another cpfer - Xminxm. He can tailor-make the tri-sink so that I was allowed to used the reflector. However, I used the optics finally.