SL Luxeon Jr question?

junior

Enlightened
Hello everyone,
Since being on this forum I really want another light. I really want to buy the SL Luxeon Jr. but have a question.

I always carry an emt type pouch (see pic) that carries a mini-mag, knife, emt shears etc. Now, I know the SL LuxJR. is longer than the mini-mag and noticed that the clikie will stick out of the pouch and was wondering if the clikie could take the abuse of sticking out as such. I use the pouch alot for hiking.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/bestcounsel/scan0007.jpg

Thank's for your input folk's

stockae92

Enlightened
well
i have a kroll switch on one of my MM+ mini-mag

the rubber on the kroll switch is grippy and its a really tight fit on some pouches [that fits tight]. i have a losely fit mini-mag pouch and that works well

junior

Enlightened
Do you guys think that since the kroll is exposed and might rub against branches, rocks, etc., will it last or can it take the beating?

What is your guys opinions?

See my pic above (link)

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been using Krolls for a year and a half, they are very tough and can handle a lot. My first Kroll has no problems with the shielding.

dat2zip's sandwich shoppe has spare rubber covers for the Kroll tailswitch. I have several spares although I have never used them.

JohnnyB

Newly Enlightened
Hi Junior, I rec'd my Streamlight 2 weeks ago and I have tried it in several different EMT type holsters (I actually was a Paramedic for 7 years, so I have several laying around).

I don't think the rubber on the tail switch will fit through that hole on the bottom of yours, and if it does, it will get hung up coming out.

The best holster I have is actually a leather holster designed for the MM. The SL goes into it, but it is tight on the bottom and the switch doesn't stick out.

I've even tried it on one of the "Rip-offs" holsters, that hold a knife, and the MM in a loop on the side. It won't fit through the loop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

All this being said, I urge you to buy the Streamlight. I am blown away by how far superior it is to the MM. Any inconvinience you may find while carrying it will be well worth it. It is really a GREAT light.

Man, I wish they were around back when I was a Medic. I chuckle when I think back to 1984, and some of the pitiful lights we used to carry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

junior

Enlightened
I was talking with a friend about the SL LUx and he was empressed with the stat's. He is a die hard surefire fan as well as myself, but I am looking for a light to replace my Mini Mag. I love my emt pouch and really do not like to be without it and will try to fit it in.

Thank's guys for the input, keep them coming!

If I decide to but the SL LUX the kroll cap may be exposed.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Streamlight Jr won't fit into the headband holder I used to use for mini-mags. The kroll is just a tad too big and grippy for most of the mini-mag accessories. I'm sure new stuff will be out soon given the awesome bang for the buck that this new light has.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SL is approximately .01" larger than a MM with a Kroll. I just tried it in a Nite Ize headband and it works fine. It's obviously not as easy as a plain light without rubber to get in, but it wasn't a big deal. The rubber is grippy and as others have said, it can be a problem in tight fits.

The SL comes with it's own little pouch (very much like the MM), but a good deal wider. In fact, it's wide enough to use the SL in it head down.

And for what it's worth, the switch is not the Kroll that everyone here uses on the MMs. It appears to function more closely to the Brinkmann switch and the rubber does not appear to be interchangeable with the Kroll.

SL has an excellent reputation and if you have problems with the switch or rubber, I'm sure they'll replace it. It's a great light for the money.