What the word on Longbow booster heads?

machulu

Newly Enlightened
Now that these booster heads are available, what's the word on these? I feel that it's strange how there's no feedback from any members. Has anyone purchased these that can give a short review?

~Stephen

suppin

Newly Enlightened
There's a rather comprehensive review by pc_light on the booster head on another thread here.
Hope it helps.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's probably not very much that's new to say about them, since they use a 30mm optic that we've long since been familiar with. However, there's some more discussion in the dealer's corner here

AK

Newly Enlightened
I purchased one from BugOutGear and it just arrived today. After plaing around with it for a short time tonight, I'm pleased. The fit and finsih are execllent, beam quality is about what you'd expect from an optic (good, but there are some artefacts), and it throws a nice bright spot.

Here's the real question: does anyone know if there is a reflector that will fit inside the LB booster head? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought about that, although I'd prefer to stick with the optic since I normally carry a separate light for flood.

The head is specifically designed to hold the 30mm optic, lip and all. The bottom of the lip presses against a thick rubber o-ring that sits in a groove that's recessed in the head. The top of the optic presses against the lens which presses against the bezel. Water cannot get in because it's sealed out by this optic to head o-ring. It's similar (but not identical) to the way the regular head maintains waterproofness, where water could conceivably get in through the bezel, but go no further.

To use a reflector, you might be able to get 2 thin o-rings, and do it m*g style by putting one between the lens and bezel, and another between the bezel and head. However, I don't think that would work all that well. I would not recommend that someone purchase one for modding to a reflector, until they can first get an exploded diagram and see what they may be getting into.

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
I'll be posting some beam shots tonight if anyone is interested. Check over at the dealers forum for them in the next hour or two.

Regards,
Flavio
BugOutGearUSA.com