Police brand lights from hong kong

across the pond

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone bought any of these?
I picked up the 6 and 9 led versions to have a play, and noticed that the 9 led version has a boost circuit but the 6 led one does not. It has a thread inside the top of the battery tube when you remove the head, but all you see is the top of the battery. The internal fit is quite loose, so there is room for someting else in there...

Thanks for any input.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a 5 led and an 8 led "Police" brand light off of e-bay in my earlier flashaholic days. Neither had a boost circuit; both only had a resistor (they both run off of two 123 cells). Neither of them were very bright, but pretty durable for the glove or tool box. They can also serve well for mods.

across the pond

Newly Enlightened
These two are both single cr123 lights. I bought them after noticing that in a 2 cell cr123 light one cell could die before the other, so I wanted something the use up those remaining single cells.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently bought a 12 led 3AAA version off ebay,
it has no regulation, however I found it to be
quite a performer. Not bad for 10 Bucks.

indenial

Enlightened
I have a couple of these lights. They're okay for the price I guess, but the shipping and "handling" charges are outrageous. And rarely have they been in "mint" condition.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I tested an incandescent version of one of these about a year ago, and it was a MFPWPOS (three cuss words I can't say on CPF plus the words "piece" and "of"). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif :toliet: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
I think I gave it a two star rating on my website.
I have not tried or seen the LED version, so I cannot say how good or no good that one is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

The only "police" LED flashlight I have is this one:

pol1.jpg

http://insulatorz.home.att.net/police1.htm

It uses one CR123A cell, and draws 280mA from it.