attitude and a dead battery

Spork

Enlightened
I just noticed something really weird with my princeton tec attitude. Today when I turned it on it seemed like it was much dimmer than when I first bought the light. I haven't used it in a while so its hard to tell. I have been using the 4 batteries that came with it. I checked the volatge on them and 3 say 1.35 volts and another doesnt even register. shouldn't they all be drained equally? is it possible i got a dud battery?

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
i've gone through about 5 sets of batteries in my Attitude and ALL have came out reading the same voltages. You might have come across a dud battery; there should be no reason for one battery to discharge faster than the rest.

Spork

Enlightened
strange. it seemed to work great for the longest time and then i pickup the light and a battery goes dead. hmmm

Empath

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrchri5:
strange. it seemed to work great for the longest time and then i pickup the light and a battery goes dead. hmmm<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It may seem like a paradox, but it's quite ordinary for a cell to be unusual.

When using multiple cells intermittently, battery failure is usually confined to one or two of the cells. Depending on the amount of use, the other cells are often still useable. This doesn't occur as often under more constant use.