Arc AAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlikeLEDs

Newly Enlightened
Hi, just wondering if ne1 can shed some light bout ARC AAA's. I've been after 1 4 a while and every single online stockist seems 2 b not carrying ARC's nemore or r always out of stock, including the ARC online store. Does ne1 no why this is??? And would ne1 no some other online store where i can pick up a ARC AAA limited edition? Thanks your help.

paulr

Flashaholic
Please write in normal English so we can understand you better. Not many of us have studied "l337". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

About the Arc AAA, the manufacturer had some problems a few months ago and production was stopped for a while (details are in some old threads, hopefully behind us by now). That's why there have been so few new units available. The lights are in production again (yay!) but Arc is still catching up with backorders, warranty replacements, etc. Last I looked, they were once again accepting orders for new lights, but with several weeks of lead time.

These are nice lights and are worth holding out for. There are enough of them around that you can generally buy used ones here on BST if you don't want to wait for a new one.

IlikeLEDs

Newly Enlightened
Please write in normal English so we can understand you better. Not many of us have studied "l337".

About the Arc AAA, the manufacturer had some problems a few months ago and production was stopped for a while (details are in some old threads, hopefully behind us by now). That's why there have been so few new units available. The lights are in production again (yay!) but Arc is still catching up with backorders, warranty replacements, etc. Last I looked, they were once again accepting orders for new lights, but with several weeks of lead time.

These are nice lights and are worth holding out for. There are enough of them around that you can generally buy used ones here on BST if you don't want to wait for a new one.

Thanks for that mate. I sort of figured there was something wrong with every place dropping arc or being out of stock. But its good to know that they are back up and running. The arc website says about 5 weeks or so on back order so i probably have to wait it out because i'm getting sick and tired of my piece of crap maglite solitaire! I've never used one before but have look at most of the reviews on the web about it and its really impressed me so thats why i'm after one. Also what is BST?? I'm only signed up today on this website so i don't know the lingo. Cheers.

mapson

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
About the Arc AAA, the manufacturer had some problems a few months ago and production was stopped for a while (details are in some old threads, hopefully behind us by now).

[/ QUOTE ]

In short, what were the problems? Does it exist in the older stock available? Should one wait for the "new" production models?

Mattman

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
mapson said:In short, what were the problems? Does it exist in the older stock available? Should one wait for the "new" production models?

[/ QUOTE ]The problems were in actually getting parts made and getting enough of them.

IlikeLED's,
The reason there are no Arcs available from online retailers is because of a decision Arc made to basically sell direct only - it's independent of the current availability issues.

Duffy

Newly Enlightened
Re: Arc AAA / lumitron.com

[ QUOTE ]
3crom said:
I just ordered my AAA yesterday from this site,no problems at all http://www.lumitroncorp.com/ they have them in stock,not the premium but this will do me for now. Good luck...Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you gotten any indication from them of your order being processed or shipped? I ordered two Arc AAAs early this week, and haven't gotten any confirmation email yet. So I emailed them asking about the order status, and again haven't heard anything. I'm getting suspicious.
--Duffy Tweedy

jrunner192

Newly Enlightened

Your order won't be shipped or processed for at least the next 4-5 weeks due to supplier issues that ARC has been facing. It is definitely worth the wait but it'll just take awhile. You might do a search on this forum regarding supplier issues to see what ARC has been facing.

3crom

Newly Enlightened

Sorry so slow on my reply..I got my Arc on 08/26 so it took about 1 week to receive it,as for my premium---HA!! I guess it'll be another 3 months before it gets to me from Arc.
Dave

3crom

Newly Enlightened

Duffy, It took about a week to get my AAA from lum. good people to deal with! I'm still waiting on my premium from Arc,I think.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif.it's going on the 3rd month of waiting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif Dave

redcar

Enlightened

Duffy,
I ordered 3 Arc AAA from Lumitron on Monday Aug 23 and got them on Friday Aug 27. I had called late in the day so they didn't ship till Tuesday. They sent me an email with the tracking number. No problems with my order. All three seem to be really nice lights. I asked while ordering and they said they were in stock. Good luck.

paulr

Flashaholic

Lumitron now shows the Arc AAA as out of stock.

Duffy

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
redcar said:
Duffy,
I ordered 3 Arc AAA from Lumitron on Monday Aug 23 and got them on Friday Aug 27. I had called late in the day so they didn't ship till Tuesday. They sent me an email with the tracking number. No problems with my order. All three seem to be really nice lights. I asked while ordering and they said they were in stock. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm too suspicious sometimes. Lumitron sent me an email apologizing for the lack of a previous confirming email, and gave me the shipping date and tracking number. My Arcs should arrive tomorrow. Now I'll have a back-up in case I lose my Arc--plus, somehow it made the heavy shipping fee more palatable, splitting it for two items!
--Duffy

Status
Not open for further replies.