Naming contest for "The Mule"

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Naming contest for \"The Mule\"

After multiple posts and emails regarding "The Mule" aka HiPoPro aka HiPP and the appropriate name I have decided to post a contest.

The winner of the best name award, as voted on by those here, and decided upon by myself and Otokoyama, shall receive some as yet unspecified bauble for their efforts.

1) The Mule
2) HiPoPro
3) HiPP
4) HiPro
5) MaxaPro
6) MaxHiPro
7) Longhorn

Bill

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Naming contest for \"The Mule\"

if its not a big light you could call it the Mini-Mule /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I havent seen pics of the light itself, just beamshots.

Mini-Mule "You dont have to be big to kick ***" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Got ya,, then we can stick with "The Mule" for my vote then.

The Mule - a true workhorse

Mrd 74

Enlightened

Here's one from out in left field...Horizon(Horror-Eye-Sun).
Well I said it was from left field. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

Okay Bill, I think I've got this straight - everybody likes "the Mule" except you, nobody likes techno-bable. So I offer "the Longhorn". If you have ever seen a longhorn bull, that is one impressive animal. You can't help but think dignity, strength, and lord of his domain, and those horns just seem to reach out forever (i.e. the throw of this new light).

So my official entry in the contest is "The Longhorn".

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

I apologize for replying to my own post. I also apologize for offering the name of an animal from a foreign country (Texas) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif as my choice for an entry.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bill, I really like "The Mule". It's so distinctive and just plain fun to say.

Strong, no-nonsense, and a steady performer.

Britt

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

Longhorn like this, you mean?

longhorn.sized.jpg

The picture was taken in Louisiana, while my son was at Peyton Mannings quarterback camp two years ago. My wife and I went wandering around out in the country one day, she had these funky directions to a tree farm she wanted to go to and we came around the corner on this little dirt road and this guy was sitting there about 20 feet away.

I jumped out and took the picture, but it was about 40 degrees hotter outside than in the car and the combined heat and humidity caused the lens to fog, thus giving it that dreamlike look.

Those are some SERIOUS horns. At the base, I'd guess they were a good 6-8 inches in diameter.

Bill

P.S. I like Longhorn, and BTW, I like Mule also.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
JimH said:
I apologize for replying to my own post. I also apologize for offering the name of an animal from a foreign country (Texas) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif as my choice for an entry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Longhorn is fitting, since everything is bigger in texas anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

thwang99

Newly Enlightened

Longhorn is the codename for the next Windows. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeh, Bill - that's the one. BTW - fantastic picture - maybe the makings of a logo.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
BigHonu said:
Bad A$$?

Sorry, is that a little to strong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine by me. Longhorn was a popular cow in the frontier days because it was so heardy and lean. It could live off of almost anything. These days people raise them more as a hobby than anything else. Since there are far greater beef cattle like Angus and Hereford.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Mule rules. Ever since I saw it I have always thought of it as the Mule. Cuz it hauls some SERIOUS a55 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey, Bill - I just had a thought. If the winning name is "The Mule", I guess you win the contest.

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast

The mule makes me think of these Asimov novels I read when I was a kid...
How'bout the Dragon-heart?