Need Streamlight Comparison

capnal

Enlightened
Looking to decide:
Streamlight: 3C-XP (alkaline led+xenon)
vs.
Streamlight: Twin Task 3C (led+xenon)

On the website, they don't really give an apples to apples spec comparison.
Obvioulsy a big difference would be the aluminum versus composite construction.
But I am looking for someone to tell me about pros and cons here. Which has a bigger head? Do they use the same xenon bulb? Which is brighter / more throw? 3 LEDs or 6?

I think I like the idea of the twin task having 2 different LED modes: 3 or 6 at a time.
So I wanted to hear from folks here, which would you choose?

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 3C-XP is more expensive, but the BIG improvement is two switches for each mode, LED, or Xenon.

Other than that, I don't see a real advantage to it. You do lose the 6LED option with the XP.

SL lists the XP at 28,000 Candlepower, the 3C Twin-Task at 70 Lumens, so a direct comparison isn't possible.

The Twin-Task is listed at twice the Xenon run time, so it looks like it isn't as bright as the XP.

I have the TT 3C, and am happy as a pig in slop with it.

glockman99

Newly Enlightened
Get the Twin Task. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

I have one of the smaller (2L TT) versions, and I'm VERY pleased with it, and I'm thinking that the 3C Twin Task will be my next flashlight purchase.

dsl

Newly Enlightened
I have both The 3c is about the same brightness on the low setting a little brighter with all 6 LED's and about the same with the xenon. The run time is alot more with The 3c. I love them both. I do however have two 2L TT they are just perfect for most anything

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm another with the 3C and like it quite a bit. It is a great flashlight for around the house or grabbing some wood off the woodpile to stoke that fire in the stove.