Whatever Happened to Arc-AAA Tailstanding Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
When the Arc-AA first came out, many of us jumped on the idea of replacing the lug on the Arc-AAA with the flat standing end, even if it meant adding a 1/4" in the light.

Whatever happened to that? Did that concept for the AAA get scrapped?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I tested several varieties but didn't like any of them enough to create another sku. Right now we are at 'defcon 5' with making enough AAAs for demand. Once we get caught up, I plan on bringing back the UV LED option (maybe other colors too) and could also do a small run of some mechanical variations to guage demand.

Peter

RickSparber

Newly Enlightened
I just bought my Arc-AAA. It came with a pocket clip. If I just slide it back to the end with the clip arm pointing towards the LED, I get a flat end that supports the flashlight. Does that do the trick for you?

I also keep an O-ring in the groove between head and body. It is handy for attaching my Arc-AAA to my glasses for hands free operation.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Whatever Happened to Arc-AAA Tailstanding Vers

[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
adding the flatend to the AAA would make the light complete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. Tho the clip trick is a good one.

best regards

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

You need to remove the split ring from the tailcap in order to make use of this trick.
Yes, I just tested it on my 2003 CPF edition, but I left the split ring in place.

Lumens

Newly Enlightened

Great idea Rick - with a single small notch in the top of the pocket clip, your idea could be utilized with the split ring in place.

Aloft

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
Once we get caught up, I plan on bringing back the UV LED option (maybe other colors too)
Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

UV!! That's too bad (for me) because I can't resist anything UV, after learning how to make my own invisible ink. Peter, please consider RED as well. . . these two "non-white" colors are the only ones I've found a use for, and I'm looking forward to seeing them in the ARC AAA!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

[ QUOTE ]
Aloft said:...after learning how to make my own invisible ink...

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------
Aloft, got a recipe with instructions? Why didn't I ever think of this? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

I'm still waiting for a tail guard for my ARC 4+...whatever happened to that one?

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast

Apparently, urine makes a good invisible ink...

Not that i've tried or anything /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Aloft

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:

Aloft, got a recipe with instructions? Why didn't I ever think of this? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Sigman...PM sent!

rodmeister

Enlightened

I use the clip "stand" all the time. No problem with the split ring. Manufacturing the clip band wider would help.

I also suggest a plain, clipless band for use as an accessory stand for those disliking the clip. It could be metal or plastic.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Actually, going to the AA moon-mode-capable split ring attachment will shorten the light! Two notches would be a nice upgrade. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif Peter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast

The AAA can stand on its head though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I find AAA body to be too thin and with a tailstanding version won't it be unstable on uneven surface? Wild ideas, Perhaps a suction cup will do? Maybe some spikes on the tail to be plug in to the ground? I still find AA tailstanding very appealing I don't really like the round AAA tail with the hole.

RickSparber

Newly Enlightened

I just cut the knotch on the clip and it works just fine. I'm a sucker for simple solutions. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.