What throw does the L2 compare to , the L5 or L4?*

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMO, the L2 is geared toward medium range flood. Nice wide beam (wide hotspot and wide corona) that will light up an entire backyard when pitch dark. The throw is not bad, its just not a flashlight that will light up a flea's nose at 100 yards. I actually prefer a very useful medium range flood beam over a long range spot.

I don't have any experience with the L4 or L5, so I'll let someone else chime in there.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What throw does the L2 compare to , the L5 or

I would guess that the L2 on high is the same as the L4 because the bezels are about the same size, but I don't have an L2. The L5 has a larger reflector so it will have more throw and a tighter hot-spot.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

The L2 puts out a beam pretty much identical to the L4, and at least in my case, it is brighter too. As has been pointed out, they are more medium range floods due to their small reflectors, whereas the L5/L7 with their larger reflectors offer a longer throwing spot.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic

The L2 puts out a beam pretty much identical to the L4, and at least in my case, it's brighter too.

(Or what Chris M. said)

SJACKAL

Enlightened

Doesn't throw much at all, not sure about the new L2 rumoured to be 100 lumens however...