Terralux Light Engine

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has any body tried the Terralux MiniStar Luxeon LED Kit for Mini 2AA Maglite Flashlights TLE5. I am interested about the quality of light, whether or not it overheats Ect. If there is an alternative for about the same price I would be interested. I am in the process of making choices as what to get.
Thanks

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got one of these about a week ago. i picked it over the oplec newbeam i saw at the police/fireman outtfitters.
I guess IMHO, it's a great easy mod, had more throw then the NB, and is pretty inexpensive.The badboy and other mod's are in the 35- 60 dollar range, and i wanted to start my luxeon addiction a little lower in $$.
the beam is not perfect but as good as many other LED beams i have seen.

I am pretty new to this, and i know many here are more particular about there mod's, but the tele5 really turn's a MM into a really useful and bright light for almost any need, short of police/long throw incandesent. I intend to get one more then maybe a 5ma badboy. but as a first luxeon, as one member here said to me, its a great first mod, and brighter and more usful then you may think. VDG