Q about Luxeon Star replacement for Minim%g

DharmaBum

Newly Enlightened
I am curious about the Minimag Luxeon Star LED replacement option. Is it bright? How does it compare, in user terms (i.e. wattage, lumens and other stuff is Greek to me), to something like an Inova X5 for example? Is the replacement for the 2AAA mags or the 2AA? Thanks in advance!

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dharma, which one of the replacement are you talking about?
there is this inretech replacement which is the direct replacement lens for the minimag 2AA, and it runs direct drive for dimmer output but longer runtime. But it is probably at least brighter than standard MM bulb. there is also sammiches lux, which is regulated, and very bright compared to the standard bulb. it is like night and day comparison.

BillRoberts

Newly Enlightened
I got the TeraLux mini-star 2.

It very easy to install. Remove and replace the reflector and bulb, that's it.

It uses a 1 Watt LED (some use 3 Watt and are brighter)

As far as brightness goes, it great. I use it with rechargable batteries, and get at least 4 hours of really good brightness out of it. I work in a ceramics plant with 30ft ceilings, and never had a problem with enought light.

I used it outside last night to look at some pumpkins that were 75-100 Ft away. I had just enough light to count them, but not much more.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
The brightest Luxeon drop-in mods for MiniMags are the Sandwiches from The Sandwich Shoppe. There are several different versions and they are all bright.

These are for AA only. They are much brighter than the Inove X5T.

Roger11

Newly Enlightened
I have the one you are thinking about and it is not that impressive. It is about as bright as the minimag but for the price I would get the Streamlight Luxeon Jr. which is about $5 more but you get the whole light and rear clickie. It is a lot brighter but of course will eat batteries faster.

albert

Enlightened
I have a Madmax Lite, a semi voltage regulated 2AA Flashlight Kit for sale at $25. Price include all Paypal fee and registered airmail to anywhere globally. My Paypal address is in my profile.

Flashlight Kit includes Madmax Lite Module with 1W white high dome emitter, Fraen optics, o-ring and Sandwich retaining oring. Madmax Lite draws less power with a longer runtime.

PM me if you are interested.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have a terralux ministar 5. it's much brighter then the stand MM. it's been very useful, and easy in-espensive mod. i do want to try a badboy and/or a lamda. i think it's a great "first" mag mod not perfect but very good IMHO. VDG

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I have here in front of me a beat up black minim*g with a Madmax 1W module in it. It has an NX05 optic, which gives more of a flood over spot type beam.

I have no experience with Fraen optic, but it is supposed to spot better.

I had the head removed from this light, and a C/D M*g reflector taped over the end of the body. The resulant beam was a spot with great spill!

Within perhaps as little as a week, I will have a Lambda 3W pill. It comes with a reflector, and I imagine it will breath fantastic new life into mini's, even over what this Madmax did!

Almost any sandwich from Dat-2-Zip should blow you away over a stock mini.

I understand, though have no info, that the Terralux modules are pretty nice. However some folk hate the beam that is produced. Of course Scoth Satin tape is good for what ails a beam....

Did I type anything that helps??? It doesn't seem like it to me!