Real or Fake ?? Paintball Mini gun

jtice

Flashaholic
LOL, man, I would LOVE to see my buddies face if I showed up with that at the next Paintball battle. LOLOLOLOLOL

matt_j

Enlightened
78kgs which will top it at about 165 lbs...

48 shots per second will give you app 500 balls in 10 sec... that's 3000 shots in a min... damn you can paint a whole field with that. With 4000 balls mag capacity you got exactly 1 min and 20 sec of shooting time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Remeber gentelmen short controlled bursts.

his desription lacks details about barrel velocity, size of a tank, etc etc...

I think this may be pay me 8000 british pounds and I will build you one type of auction.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Group Buy? How many would it take in a Group Buy to bring the cost down to say 132.07 US bucks????
Damaged minds wants to know.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

matt_j

Enlightened

£ was calculated at $1.7 and cost was £8000 based that we needed to add shipping charges...

That means that between 103 of us we can have this gun 3.5 days in the house out of a year.

Nice.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
And here's the makers website...

http://www.pipersprecisionproducts.com/

Apparantly, theyre based in Dallas TX. Perhaps one of members in the area might want to pop round there?

I wonder if any of the SF weaponlights could be mounted on that thing.

*BTW its Airsoft, not paintball. Shoots tiny plastic BBs.

matt_j

Enlightened
did you see the video of that thing blasting away the tv? man that's some nice fry(ie)power there....

MrMimizu

Enlightened
That's pretty sweet..I didn't know the average paintball gun had the power to do that much damage. so if you had 500 guys with "normal" paintball guns they could shoot the poop out of a tv?

Also, where's the link to the flamethrower? that sounded intereesting but i didn't see a link for it

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not think the video was a video of a paint ball gun
I think it was shooting something else like plastic bb's

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just trying to keep that monster fed with paintballs would make a big dent in your wallet.

Mike

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
It's an airsoft gun. I read about it in the airsoft forums somewhere. It's gas powered, shoots 3000rpm at around 600fps. Which makes it hurt a LOT more than a paintball gun.

Mednanu

Enlightened
The Airsoft version I've seen......a paintball version that can feed that fast and still not break the paintballs ?........I'm still holding my breath on that one. It's nice to know that someone was bored/drunk enough on a Saturday night to go ahead and get the idea to make one of these, though.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JOshooter

Enlightened
It's real, no doubt about it. They also have airsoft bazookas, flamethrowers, just about anything you can think of.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
On my original post I linked to an ebay auction, the (unregistered) seller was selling it as a paintball gun. I was questioning the possibility of such a cool paintball gun, but it looks like it turned out to be a functional airsoft weapon.

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know that Tippmann has a paintbal mini-gun on their Hellfire, or something like that. They don't use it on people for bovious safety reasons, but they do bring it out to some larger games for demos and such. It's a modified ATV with the minigun on the front, and a couple 98C's on the sides IIRC.