Arc 4 Trow

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsl

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I am new to cpf, and I do not own a arc yet. I am thinking of buying an arc 4 with the intent of using it early in the morning for a paper drop. I typically have to look for adresses from about 30 to 50 feet. Will the arc 4 light up the adress from this distance? I have heard that it has a nice hot spot to about 75 yards wich seems impossible to me from an LED. I use a streamlight TL2 right now and am NOT looking for the same level of light but a mini mag is just not quite bright enough. what I need is somthing small (EDC) long bulb life (LED) and bright enough to find a correct adress.Let me know if you think this would be a good choice

*Retired*
I'd look elsewhere, I delivered papers as a young man for five years, to buy school clothes, shoes, etc. You'll be spending a good amount on batteries which is hard on the wallet. Though you could get a rechargeable battery which would help quite alot.

For throw, you'll want to run it hard, which eats batteries, and there are several other flashlights that are much more efficient at the higher output levels.

I'd say it would be rather limited on non-reflective lettering on a dark to medium color house. You should probably look for something with a more focused beam to throw the distances you want to throw.

Anyhow, thats my two cents, for what it is worth, your mileage may vary...

paulr

Flashaholic
I don't understand the problem with the TL2. Why not keep using it? Is it battery consumption? I'd say sell it and get a Strion.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bottom line, you need something with more lumens and a tighter cone of light for what you're looking at doing. For the cost of an Arc 4+, there are better lighting alternatives, but they are usually bigger than EDC size.

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
I would say the strion as well, cheaper, more light and only a bit bigger.

or even better a 2 C mag with a lux 3 DD and 3 AA NiHM

Status
Not open for further replies.