worst week on cpf ever

raggie33

*the raggedier*
what a sad week. freinds here two is sick other lost his house. other is haveing problems with bateries from over sea,s and one lost his buisness what a bad week
edit i changed titltle i didnt even under stand it

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I think we need a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif and I'll keep a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif lit for all those who are suffering pain and loss.

Prayers sent.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i agree Raggie and Jay.

the weather's getting colder
Raggie's ferret might be sick
so many CPF members being hit by the hurricanes and Dave losing his home
Gun Collector's wife buying a Range Rover
a few CPF members (Life NRA, 3rd Shift most recently) who have been sick
Arc is going out of business

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif

LED-FX

Enlightened
grouphug.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Geez,

Diesel Dave, followed by Brock's troubles, The DSpeck business, and beyond worse, Peter's post today. Throw-in Jon's troubles and add the Fog Catcher's been sold. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Raggie, you're right, it hasn't been a nice week on CPF!

Larry

(btw, you're on my list for a light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
My problems pale in comparision to others. I feel so sad tonight. Wish I could do more to help and comfort others. I am so sorry for everyone that is going through so much right now. I am ashamed for feeling sorry for myself.

Raggie you are an inspiration to me and I hope one day to be able to give back to this community as much as you have. You are always thinking of others first before yourself. You sir are a true friend and a gentleman. Thanks for always caring and putting things back into perspective for me.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:

........Arc is going out of business

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mpr.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF On top of everything else, Arc is going out of business. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif Just what we need. NOT

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
It makes me sick. Sick and very sad. I was just looking over the B/S/T for Arc AAA's and LSH's and got a lump in my throat: no more Arc Flashlight LLC, no more new AAA's or LS's, no perfected Arc4 and no Arc5.

And the DSpeck business and Diesel Dave.

raggie, I totally agree. This is a bad, bad week on CPF.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
This has been a dark week for many of us. Thankfully CPF is still here to offer a light at the end of the tunnel. I always find it refreshing to be able to log onto CPF and see how so many people still really do care about one another, and will selflessly help out with whatever they can.

Time for a CPF family /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif.

-Mike

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep a light lit for them. I too wish I could have done more. If it was financial, and they'd been able to make enough of the product, I would definitely have bought more.
arcrip.jpg

And earlier this week it was JSB's turn, at least his R123s are resolved. I hope there's a resolution to the rest of the issues soon, I think we all need to hang on and ride out the storm.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I put an Energizer lithium L91 cell in my CPF 2003 Arc-AAA and turned it on a couple of days ago, and ran it until no more light was emitted - not even moon mode.
I put the original Duracell back in this morning just to be sure it wasn't burnt out, and it worked just fine.

Guess I'd better turn it on and let it run again until no light is emitted...BRB...there, done.

Blikbok

Enlightened
T_L_M I may just do that-- I have dozens of NiMH AAA's. An eternal LED flame. 20,000 hours = 2.28 years. We'll see.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My Arc-AAA is in moon mode now, but I'm going to keep it running until NO light is emitted.
Then I'll take the cell out of one of my other Arcs and start this one up again.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My Arc-AAA is *still* in moon mode; though it is quite dim now. I don't dare turn it off now, as it won't come back on with this battery.
I don't know exactly where my NiMH cells are right now, so I can't use those.

(Edit 1:37pm PDT)
It's still going on that tiny little cell.

(Edit again, 09-27-04 4:12pm PDT)
It's STILL running. Granted, it is very dim now, but it's still going.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's the thought that counts. I'm down one NiMH, the second is in moon mode.

It's the weekend, here's to a better week next week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif

Eric_M

Enlightened
It's definitely been an eventful one.

Arc goes out of business. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Peter's back 2 days later asking for investors for a new venture.

DSpeck is nowhere to be found. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

And to top it off, Lumenous is having some overly amorous feelings for one of his flasllights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eeew.gif

I don't think anyone will forget this week on CPF for awhile.

Eric

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I certainly won't forget this week because I'm now wrestling with two job offers. Last May I had to choose between three and picked the one that lasted only six hours.

This week I had two job interviews and was offered the job at each one, plus I have two more interviews scheduled for next week. It pours jobs or goes for months with no bites.

After a year of part time, self, and temporary employment, things are looking up. I don't want to get too excited until I collect that first check and have a better feel for the job that I choose.

But, yes, it's been quite a week for the CPF and me too. The Arc news caught me off guard and I felt like I lost a friend.

BTW, I'll probably be needing a flashlight, again, for my new job (either one). My last FT job, that ended a year ago, required regular use of a good light. I repaired large photocopiers and they are full of dark shadows and small parts. That's what prompted me to look for new lights and find the CPF. Unfortunately the job disappeared when I found the CPF.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
In an non-flashlight related event yesyrtday I was on a group bike ride and near the rest stop I slipped a wheel off the edge of the road and took a spill. My helmet took the brunt of the impact from my head. I could hear it grinding the asphalt as I was slowing down from about 15MPH. My collar bone did not have the luxury of a shield as it is now broken.

I was supposed to be packing my bags right now for a pair of service calls this week. I could still fly if feeling mashochistic but NO way could I tote all the crap I need for my work. Unless someone wants to volunteer to be my equipment mule for a week to the absolutely middle of nowwhere Upstate NY.

So now this week officially sucks.

P.S. Remember the thread about the usefullness/lack of coolness about wearing a helmet? I was then and still am an advocate of everyone hurtling downrange on pavement or trails wearing one. Now unfortunately I can vouch for their efficency. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif