ITS HERE!!!!!! wooooo hoooooo!!

rackness

Newly Enlightened
my surefire L4 lumamax just got here!!! (thank you chris from meridian tactical) i have to say what you all already know this light is awsome! it is freaking bright!. i know the specs but when i would see beam shots on the web they do not do this little powerhouse justice! i read it is as bright as the e2e and everyone seems to recommend it but i was still a little apprehensive, due to such a high cost. i now can see firsthand what everyone raves about!! sure it is expenisve, but o so worth it!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif i love my e2e but i think it just became my back up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats. I was looking into the L4, which I could have got for 125$ but I took the $100 L1 in its stead. I am on my way to eagle and I camp pretty often. I need a light which will last more than 1 hour. THE L4 is cool. I congratulate you on you investment,

-tom

rackness

Newly Enlightened
thanks i will be getting a mcgizmo tailcap soon to remedy that run time issue /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and still hve the proverbial "wall of light" when i need it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

good luck on eagle that takes alot of time and dedication! very commendable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Did I miss something? What "runtime issue" are you refering to? I plotted 1hr 28m to 50% max brightness with mine. Considering the amount of heat the L4 generates, 1.5h probably is about right. Probably the BRIGHTEST little hand warmer around! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

rackness

Newly Enlightened
well it is not really an issue per se. i should have re-phrased. it has great run time for its brightness but with the mcgizmo switch i can get usefull duty light out of the l4 for much longer, ie like low output on a l2. all with the benefit of tactical level light at my fingertips. oh and i must get pila batts for the true guilt free lumen experience! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Robban

Enlightened
Stop torturing me! The wait is bad enough without reading posts such as these /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I have one in the mail, on the way over the great pool of water from the states to me here in Sweden. The wait is killing me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rackness

Newly Enlightened
awsome robban! i can promise you you will not be dissapointed! i agree the anticipation is enough to kill ya! i was counting the seconds till mine arrived /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif (yes i realize i have a problem, and no i am not getting help for it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Robban....you will like your new hand-warmer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Robban

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Roy said:
Robban....you will like your new hand-warmer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
And being in Sweden with winter fast approaching it'll come in handy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gonna have to get me some Pilas and a charger though, feeding this sucker will get expensive hehe.

rackness

Newly Enlightened
yeah for a light this fun to use rechargable is a must. and the money saved on batts can go to more lights!! a vicious circle it never stops /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

turbodog

Flashaholic
It's so good that after I got mine and some pila cells, I sold:

arc lsh
eternalight
stoplight with badboy650 lux 3 sandwich
surefire a2
stinger