Arc 4 Serial Number Data

M_R

Enlightened
Peter,

Thank you very much for digging up this data, it would however be nice to be able to decipher it. If you could find some time to edit the two posts to include a legend that explains what each set of numbers represents, everybody would really appreciate it. I presume they represent current draw, voltage, output etc. but rather than leaving it up to interpretation it would be nice to know for sure.

Best regards,

Matthew

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
err, my arc4 wasn't even on there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Peter,

Would you explain what this means?

418 .76 101 2nd

and this?

812 arc4x 1.41 3.5w 52.0(filter)

Thanks!

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Serial: 418
Current @3volts and level 1: 0.76 amps
Light meter reading: 101 kLux (light is held against sensor)
Grade: factory second

I guess I had better post a log for the log otherwise people will keep asking. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm. I found another file that has what appears to be the first batch of Arc4 production. I will post it but it only shows production dates.

Peter

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, now see if you can find your serial number. The production data should match the tag that came with the light.

Peter

M_R

Enlightened
Peter,

Thanks for the change, however I'll need to ask, further down three more set of numbers appear, while the first seems to be the colour temp, I have no Idea what the last two represent?

1771 1.22 168 8200 .325 .282

Thanks,

Matthew

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i think you need to exclude the 0 in front of the last numbers, doing so i found a 690, i was at first looking for 0690 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Elmie

Enlightened
Hmmm...I have #817 and says it was an Arc 4x candidate. What does that mean exactly?

Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

M_R

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Elmie said:
Hmmm...I have #817 and says it was an Arc 4x candidate. What does that mean exactly?

Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not 100% sure but I think you have a very efficient 4+ that is probably the pick of the litter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm not sure what Peter did to those afterwords, possibly put in some prime binned Lux's to make them 4X's. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The two numbers after the kelvin are CIE coordinates (x,y). My understanding is that if the xy are too far off the black body radiator line, kelvin numbers are less usefull. So we collected both for the study. I then scatter plotted the data to see how a bin is typically distributed.

--

All LEDs are different, even when the dies are cut from the same wafer. There are many variables. The differences in Arc4 efficiency are mostly a factor of LED variation (the other electronic and mechanical components play less of a role). A 4x candidate is just more efficient than normal. We then cull the unit from the herd and up it's power output. If that brings it above 52 on the filter (a whole different scale than the other 4s) without exceeding 1.5amps, then it is an x. If the unit cannot make x, it is then recalibrated back to the normal Arc4+ levels. Its difference then is in the run time at each level (it draws less power).

Peter

cy

Flashaholic
Peter, so that's how an X is made. You finally fessed up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

M_R

Enlightened
Peter,

Can we recalibrate our Arc 4+'s? It seems that lights were tested and then some of them recalibrated which resulted in dual serial # postings on your second's list. Just out of curiousity evan if the answer is no, what exactly was involved?

Many thanks,

Matthew

mgk65

Newly Enlightened
matrudenko:

Did you just pick that # out of thin air? I recently purchased that very 4+ from this_is_nascar.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
mgk65 said:
matrudenko:

Did you just pick that # out of thin air? I recently purchased that very 4+ from this_is_nascar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you should ask Elmie, he's the one that said it.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeikes, Mine sucks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

754 1.01 124 second

Elmie

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
mgk65 said:
matrudenko:

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I have it in my hands right now and the exact number on there is 0817. I got this light direct from Arc on Feb 2 or so and has the software ver. 130. So with all those specs. it matches with the database. Perhaps your lights numbers are not engraved properly? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
mgk65 said:
matrudenko:

[/ QUOTE ]
i think mgk65 is referring to matrudenkos earlier post where he uses #1771 as an example because it contains extra data info like color temp., etc..

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Elmie said:
[ QUOTE ]
mgk65 said:
matrudenko:

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I have it in my hands right now and the exact number on there is 0817. I got this light direct from Arc on Feb 2 or so and has the software ver. 130. So with all those specs. it matches with the database. Perhaps your lights numbers are not engraved properly? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Factory error? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Sell it to him so he can have both /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif