well, I was in church last Sunday, and suddenly...

steve_vance

Enlightened
amongst the words of the sermon, I heard the pastor relate that he had had a flat tire and that he didn't have a flashlight in the car.....you know the rest. I realized at that moment that I was being given the opportunity to bless my Pastor with some LED lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I spoke to him after service and told him that I was going to give him an LED flashlight for his car. A what? so I explained how LED flashlights work, how much better they are, etc. He was delighted, like a little kid who couldn't wait to get his birthday present. when I got home, I realized that I had an opportunity to bless the man who blesses me on a weekly basis, so I took inventory of my collection, and decided to give him a few LED lights. I called him last night (Saturday evening) and mentioned this, he said it was great because the church had a power outage last week in the storm and "no one had or could find a flashlight". I am happy; now I have an opportunity to share something I'm passionate about (LED lights) with another human being who needs it.
Here's the list of lights I'm giving him this morning; comments are welcome:
[*]2-Pelican L1 (church 1st aid kit)
[*]1-Streamlight 4AA 7-LED (for his home)
[*]1-Streamlight 3C Pro Polymer LED (for his car)
[*]2-Dorcy 2C 8-LED (for the church safety kit)
[*]1-Dorcy 1AA 3-LED (for his secretary's desk)
[*]1-Tektite 3AA 4-LED Bright Orange (to be hung in a conspicuous place where it can be retrieved easily)
[*]2-CMG Infinity (pocket lights)
[*]1- PT Attitude (desk drawer)

This was a reminder to me that this hobby we have can also an opportunity to bless the people we love and care about by giving them the gift of light

"nuf said; I am glad to be a member of CPF and appreciate you all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
cool story i realy nneed to start going to churchagaion

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, cool. Making more converts and showing them the light at the same time? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The only other thing I could possibly mention is that the lights should be checked on a regular basis. It's no fun to fire up a light only to find that it's 1. not just dead but 2. the alkalines leaked inside ruining what was otherwise a great light up to this point..

greenLED

Flashaholic
Re: well, I was in church last Sunday, and suddenl

You could suggest lithiums if these are going to be kept in the car and possibly used in the winter.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

I light to keep a flourscent light in the car also either one that plugs into the lighter or one that uses batteries
because when you need to fix something in the dark sometimes you need a flood of light to see better so you dont have to fumble with a beam of light always pointing in the wrong place when a wider flood you could see all the lug nuts on the tire instead of one. I have a 6 or 8 watt tube that has a lighter plug and clip leads with a hook on it. Highly recommended for a car. I think BigLots may have them for about 5.00 in stock.

SKYWLKR

Enlightened

I had the opuurnity to "bless" some one with a few lights.

a friend was going to Iraq with real good light.... A mag light.... um NO!!! I will not stand for that.

so she is leaving with a Gerber infinity ultra, a scorpion with 4 spare bulbs, 24 Surefire batts in spares cariers and a few county comm $1 lights in red and white soon to follow is a gerber LX 3.0.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast

oooh i'm jealous.
you're giving him a fantastic assortment of emergency/utility lighting.
you'll be the church-hero! haha

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast

Steve:
Thanks for sharing that story.I have been planning to give my pastor(s) a decent LED light for some time now - possibly for Christmas. I had originally planned to do it annonymously - but that is probably impossible - as I have a bit of a reputation regarding flashlights... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

The real problem is trying to decide exactly what to give... hopefully something BRIGHT, yet small enough to fit in a suit jacket pocket... maybe a TNC AA - but then there are cost and availiblity issues... perhaps I should follow your lead and just rummage through my collection... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Thanks agian for sharing this story.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've heard of casting one's bread upon the waters, but!
-------
chiphead

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
chiphead said:
I've heard of casting one's bread upon the waters, but!
-------
chiphead

[/ QUOTE ]

I shall bear in mind "waterproofness" when deciding what to give. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wasn't sure if any of the lights you mentioned have a luxeon LED. If not, you might introduce your pastor to a 1 or 3watt LED to show him that LEDs have improved since the 5mm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

Better watch it. You may enLIGHTen your pastor and he could become an LED fanatic also.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif
I light the UKE 2AAA eled for its waterproofness myself. Also it is fairly quiet in a pocket with other metallic stuff like pocketknives etc and has a LONG run time. I had the xenon version and found it running down every time I needed it, seems 2hr run time isn't enough for me unless I carry around a spare battery in my pocket. I found a place online that sells them for under 10.00 but haven't heard anyone order from them.

steve_vance

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
leukos said:
I wasn't sure if any of the lights you mentioned have a luxeon LED. If not, you might introduce your pastor to a 1 or 3watt LED to show him that LEDs have improved since the 5mm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ...this is just the beginning. He's getting an Inova XO in a couple weeks, but he doen't know it yet