L1 question

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Guys, I bought an L1 a while ago. I have a little problem: My clip is too loose, it wont stay on by pants beltloop. Is there any way that I could tighten it?

-tom

McGizmo

Flashaholic
You need to remove it from the battery tube, bend it back and then re-install. These stainless clips can be easily over sprung if you are not careful.

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep trying to remove it, I just cant do it. I dont want to scratch my tube in any way. I just havent figured it out. Do you pull or push? Must you remove the bezel?

-tom

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The head and O-ring MUST be removed!!! The clip comes out forward (towards where the head *was*)

There are some threads in the archives on the clip removal. Sorry but no time to type a long spiel here. OK, quick. flat blade screw driver from the rear slipped into the "fold" of the clip. tube resting on edge of counter with clip overhaning edge, tail up. holding tube and screwdriver(parallel in axis) in one hand, whack screwdriver with other hand. If that is not clear, don't do it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanx, I managed it. The thing I found akward was the little plastic thing between the tube and the clip. I had to pound that out first to get the thing out. THANX!

-tom

HistoryChannel

Enlightened
I use a piece of lanyard. Loop it into the clip and one good yank pulls out the clip.

Putting it back in, I use a flathead screwdriver and a terry cloth. Lightly tap with a hammer.