Yet another new guy...SF weaponslight question

GutWrench

Enlightened
Hi fellas,

First off let me start by saying this is a great forum! I have been lurking for a few weeks now and have learned more then I ever could imagine. There is truly something for everyone on the net.

Anyways I have a few questions that I couldn't find answers to with the search function. I am really into just the weapons and special ops line from surefire. And from what I read on the surefire site and the catalog the special ops line is compatible with the universal weapons line and would like to find a body with the thumbscrew mount that will go with the head of my M2, it looks like I will need the body and some kind of adapter to mount the head on right? Are these parts available direct from SF? If not can you guys point me in the right direction? Also I would like to get the part A-19 I think that's the adaptor to make my 6p able to run a 9v lamp assembly. I have been watching the B/S/T forum but its always the same parts over and over except the custom builds which don't interest me. Thanks in advance guys.

Derek
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

redcar

Enlightened
Re: Yet another new guy...question thread

The A-19 you can order direct from Surefire.

Sorry, I can't help you on the rest.

GutWrench

Enlightened

Thanks redcar

I am sure someone will come along /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you edit your subject line to indicate something like "SF weaponslight question", you'll probably attract the people with the answers.

-john

6pOriginal

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
GutWrench said:
k /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, just wait for Al to wake up, he's the Surefire guy here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast

my LM90 is mounted to a shotgun. There are many types of mounts out there. Easiest is to find a Picatinny rail you like and use a scope ring or the SAMCO light holder. Another good place to ask about mounts is over at AR15.com

Size15's

Flashaholic

I'm working on replying with photos. There are many options.
I'm not quite sure I understand the question.

For starters, it's cheaper to buy an M951 Millennium Universal Weaponlight then to build one.

If you want to build a "Classic WeaponLight" and use the M2 bezel then it'll be cheaper to get an LU60 Lamp Module which features the M2 bezel, Lamp Assembly and Housing adapter. You'll then need A21 Classic Universal Housing Body and an A12 Adapter, and a TailCap (or which there are many varieties). You then need a 1" diameter scope ring or other brand flashlight mount...

I will be getting photos that should help explain...

Al

GutWrench

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
I'm not quite sure I understand the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not tried to attach a photo on this forum yet but I will try. I already have the tail switch #SW02 i am just wanting to find the body and it looks like an adaptor. heres the photo
m951p_full.jpg

On page 4 of the 2004 surefire cataloge it shows one body and all the different heads and tailswiches i would like to find the body from the Dual Thumbscrew Mount/M49. My question is can I call surefire and get the body direct? Also if you know the number or the part that allows attaching the M2 bezel to the M49 body that would be great.

Size15's

Flashaholic

The adapter collar for the LU60:
SureFire%20LU60%2064.jpg

Is not available as an individual part that I'm aware of.
This is the first major issue.
This is what the latest version of the adapter looks like:
al-lu60a.jpg

The MH90 is the body tube to which you attach either an M49 Thunb screw mount, or M50 SWAN Throw Lever mount.

If you type M49, M50 or MH90 into www.SureFire.jp search box if brings you great Shelby Chan photos!

Al

GutWrench

Enlightened

Thanks for the link size15's.

Blikbok I was going to try that if I didnt get any info here. Just thought I would give you guys a shot at it first.:)

GutWrench

Enlightened

Ok I called surefire. Looks like I am out of luck on getting the MH90 taclight housing. Once you have a housing then you can purchase everything else from SF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I guess I will have to keep looking for used parts or something until I save enough cash to get a M951 and build up from there. Thanks for all the help.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

Glad you found some info, both here and at SF. I just bought the A19 and screwed to the end of my C2, and picked up a P91 lamp assembly from somelamps, and voila, great lite!

Welcome to CPF, GutWrench, and why dontcha stay awhile!

daloosh

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast

How much was the A19? You get it from SF directly?

Thanks,

-john

GutWrench

Enlightened

I didnt ask the guy. He just told me I could get it direct. When he told me i couldnt get the housing or adaptor thing I just thanked him and hung up. Think I have found a great deal from another CPF member for the whole light. Waiting for a return email /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

GutWrench

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
daloosh said:
Glad you found some info, both here and at SF. I just bought the A19 and screwed to the end of my C2, and picked up a P91 lamp assembly from somelamps, and voila, great lite!

Welcome to CPF, GutWrench, and why dontcha stay awhile!

daloosh

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup thats what I want todo with my 6P that I keep in my truck. My plan for the M951 is that I will not have to buy a big light later on(M3,M4, etc. I can just upgrade the 951 if need be. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry for the confusion. I was asking Daloosh since he indicated he had just purchased one.

-john

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

Sorry JohnN, didn't see your question until now.

Anyways, I got it from Surefire for twenty bucks, just a few weeks ago, so they had em in stock. I also got a buttload of batteries, so it was over the $99 threshold, and shipping was free.

You also see A19s regularly here at B/S/T at the same or even better prices. I think the thing is great!

daloosh