80 GB External Hard Drive at CompUSA for $50!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Hmmm maybe I should have posted this in the Non-Flashlight Forum, but here goes:

CompUSA has an 80GB USB 2.0 external hard drive on sale for $49.99 after rebate!

Also picked up a 1GB SD card for $69.99 after rebate!

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right now Outpost.com has the Seagate 160GB internal drive for $49.99 after rebate. Five year warranty too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you're so inclined you could pick up an enclosure and turn it into an external drive too.

Peter

6pOriginal

Enlightened
How much was the price before rebate for the USB HDD? I just picked up a Lexar 1GB SD card from zipzoomfly.com for about the same price after rebate too, the price for 1GB cards really came down a lot in these past few months.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
LitFuse-Yep, the internals are far more affordable, but then you buy the external enclosure (and actually I've seen some that are fairly inexpensive) and they usually end up costing a bit more than this.

Of course it depends on how much HD you get, eh?! This was all setup for plug-n-play, hot pluggable...I dunno'...6 of 1 and 1/2 dozen of the other ya' know! It has their name on the side "CompUSA". I wonder what brand hard drive they have inside. Comes with a 1 year warranty and I'm just not ready to void that yet!

My laptop only has a 40 GB drive, so this will make a nice little add-on. Still $50 for 80 GB...not as portable as a flash drive, but quite a bit more affordable!

6p-The price on the HDD before was $120. They knock off $20 instantly, then you need to mail in the rebate for the rest.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
LitFuse said:
Right now Outpost.com has the Seagate 160GB internal drive for $49.99 after rebate. Five year warranty too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you're so inclined you could pick up an enclosure and turn it into an external drive too.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

That sale has been going on for awhile. I picked one up about a month or so at the local Fry's. already got the rebate back on it too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It's great in my xbox.

Shane

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
It figures I got a Seagate with half the capacity at almost 3 times the price just a few weeks before that promotion started.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Hmmm, now ya got me thinking about taking the 50GB back to CompUSA and goint the internal drive/external housing route...Hmmm, it was only $50 and it's a hassle, though 160 GB...Hmmmm..

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
7200 RPM- 8 MB Cache, aren't they all now? I haven't seen a 5400 drive advertised for over a year. I would actually prefer to find a 5400 RPM HDD. I'm putting this in my TiVo, and it couldn't care less if it's 5400 or 7200.

Peter

paulr

Flashaholic
5400 can be quieter and cooler running.

I stopped by CompUSA today and they had 60 GB internal drives for $29.99 with no rebate! I almost got one but was carrying too much stuff already.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
5400 can be quieter and cooler running.

I stopped by CompUSA today and they had 60 GB internal drives for $29.99 with no rebate! I almost got one but was carrying too much stuff already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats why you take the stuff to the car, and go back in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif