Need recommendations for a new light ...

cmeisenzahl

Enlightened
Hi guys, I've been away for 6 months or so. Just came back to see that Arc is gone? :-(

I've got an Arc AAA that I love, but I'm looking for something bigger to use around the house. I'd like it to use AAA or AA batteries, or maybe C or D. But definitely not the CR123A batteries, I can't recharge them and they're a bit expensive.

I'm not thrilled with the Inova X5, and I'd would ideally like something regulated. I'm not sure if I should get 1 or multiple LEDs, and I haven't ruled out non-LED I guess.

Can anyone recommend some brands/models for me to look at to start?

What fits those specs and is made well, ideally waterproof?

I have always looked at LED in the past and ruled out anything else. Do non-LED flashlights have anything that I should be looking at?

>> Do you need focus or flood?
Hmm, probably doesn't make a big difference, but I would probably lean towards flood

>> Is runtime important?
Yes, short runtimes bug me. But I'm much less sensitive to it if I can use cheap/common batteries, especially if I can resharge them (AA or AAA).

I would really prefer a regulated light.

>> Is brightness important?
Yes.

All leads very much appreciated, thanks very much in advance and have a good day!

Christopher Meisenzahl

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try the UK 4AA eLED. They have been on sale at Brightguy for 20.00. You can get two and get some UK 4AA lamp assemblies, they drop right in for when you need a bright long throw light.

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
Gerber Lx 3.0 not regulated but 3 AA's last for a while and they run great on NMH rechargebles.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
UK eLED without reservation. Run on 4 AA's

I showed one to a co-worker he bought FIVE!

GregR

P.S. I've only got four.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Another vote for the UK eLED. From what I've heard the Streamlight Jr 2AA Luxeon also sounds like a winner.

Geoff

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought someone has rechargeable 123a's for sale. I don't know if it is out yet, but the Inova T4(it is a rechargeable light) looks good.
I think the Inova T2 has a 5 hour run time on 2 123a batteries.
Plus you can always get 123a batteries from www.batterystation.com (here on the forums) for an excellent price. Just an idea.

Blades