SF M6 and LED head???

autospike

Newly Enlightened
Newbie question:
Will any of the SF LED heads fit on an M6?
I have seen a pic on the web of the L6 on an M6, but couldn't find any more info about it.

autospike

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info. Can anyone tell me what kind of runtime I would get with that combo?

pyro

Enlightened
You can also use the KL2 head on teh M6.
Should give plenty long runtime, but of
course less throw and overall light then KL6

Free

Enlightened
.....Also, it looks a bit dorky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

KL6+M6.jpg

autospike

Newly Enlightened
Hehe... looks like a lightsaber.

Lower output - longer runtime was what I was really thinking about.
I don't (yet) own an M6. But I was just thinking it looked like it could provide a long runtime with an LED head if I ever needed it for that (hiking, camping, etc.)

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
autospike,

I have a KL2 for sale in the BST forum. I'm not trying to plug in here, but I thought you might be interested in it. It is a 3W luxeon being run by a Downboy700 with a modified Carley 1.37" reflector. It's throw is similar to that of the Aleph III and will run for about, I suppose, five hours in regulation on the 6 batt, 9v setup of the M6. It won't put out the monster gobs of light that a 5W head will, but it does have a good sidespill and it really reaches out there.

symes

Enlightened
I run a second M6+KL6 in my gear bag as a backup for major rescue scenes etc... Lots of good throw light - don't let the 65 lumens put you off - this feels much brighter than an L4 with tons better throw. 3+hours good brightness then seemingly forever with good useable light.... plus it is all set up to switch the batteries with my regular 500 lumen M6.

A bit dorky on the visual yes, but most folks shutup once you turn it on.

Simon

Free

Enlightened
I thought, the KL2 was a 19Led Head:

http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/kl2.htm

That is another thought. How would the KL2 19Led compare to either the 3W or the KL6 5watt, in sheer intensity on the M6?

Just to let you know, I am curious about all this because I have an M6, and a M4, that I neve use because they are not LED lights, and I am considering this as well
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
The KL2 that you saw at the ledmuseum is in stock form. The KL2 that I am selling is a custom modification. It's not likely that you will see many of those around.

The KL3 in stock form can't even be compared to the KL6. In modified form, it's the usual story. If you want a flood of light with reasonable throw, go with the 5W. If you want reasonable flood (sidespill) with great throw, go with a Lux III.

Look at the pics in the review at the ledmuseum and then look at the pics in this post and you will see the difference between the stock KL2 and mine. Link

Prolepsis

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
symes said:
I run a second M6+KL6 in my gear bag as a backup for major rescue scenes etc... Lots of good throw light - don't let the 65 lumens put you off - this feels much brighter than an L4 with tons better throw. 3+hours good brightness then seemingly forever with good useable light.... plus it is all set up to switch the batteries with my regular 500 lumen M6.

A bit dorky on the visual yes, but most folks shutup once you turn it on.

Simon

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to go too off-topic.
I put my KL6 on my M4 sometimes--I like the look of that more (personally), but then it is a bit longer.

For the M6+KL6, can you have the battery rack full/complete? Or do you need to use only one set of 9 volts and figure out which battery slots to place it in?